Phantom screen touchesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jfunk

jfunk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Mine just started registering phantom screen touches a little while ago.

It seems to think there is either and up-swipe or some kind of touch near the top of the screen randomly.

For example, an email or list will constantly be scrolling up or if I leave it on a screen with Power Panel on it, one of the icons will randomly highlight orange. The page with the google search widget will have the search field highlight orange on it's own too. When entering text, the cursor will randomly jump back to the beginning.

I shut the phone down and restarted a couple times, but it keeps coming back. Sometimes it doesn't happen for a few minutes, then start again.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. phositadc

phositadc Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem with mine when I first got it on Tuesday. Mine would randomly scroll to the left or right. w0rdie said it was probably a trackpad issue. I cleaned the trackpad (which was odd because I never used it), then I went into settings and recalibrated the G-sensor. Sense then, I have not had any phantom screen touches.

Give it a try and let us know if that fixes it for you.

Edit: here's the thread I started on the issue: http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/68650-screen-jumps-all-over-place-no-touch.html

jfunk likes this.
  3. jfunk

jfunk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you. Using the trackpad was the only way I could seem to reproduce the results of these "phantom touches" (I couldn't figure out a way to even make the touch screen highlight objects without clicking them like it was doing), so I bet that was the problem.

Cleaned some dust off the trackpad and so far so good. Hopefully that is all it was. Awfully sensitive little bstard.

4. Primate

Primate Well-Known Member

Maybe look for a ghost hunters app :p

I Kid... It is staic build up. At least it was for me. Touch something metal and discharge then use the phone and see if it helps.

5. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

The funny thing is, there is a ghost hunter app. It's an ar app in the market

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

6. AcePuppy

AcePuppy Well-Known Member

Having this same problem, main screen moves without any touching.

7. rossmathis

rossmathis Well-Known Member

Yeah...mine just started doing it this morning.