• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phantom Skinz Chromatic reviews, screens

How long ago did you order them? When placing my order I didn't put an email address in, and I don't see a way on their website to check the order of your status. Just wondering how fast they are at shipping and what not

I ordered mine late Thursday night, they shipped Friday afternoon, and are suppose to arrive Monday Morning via USPS. Hope that helps she said most orders are shipping next day.

Upvote 0
If you're talking about the Chromatics, I was thinking the same thing. The clear ones don't look too bad though (the ones I ordered).

Yeah, the Chromatics. If they fit like they show on the website, it would look awesome, but they are cut so badly (look at the pics above) if you had any color except clear or black it would look horrible with 1/8"-1/4" of the phone showing from underneath.

Upvote 0
looks pretty nice..

Do they make the screen protectors to for this, or just the case

Phantom Skinz Chromatics for Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S)- Colored Protection Film, Cases, Covers

Yes... they come with two invisible screen protectors.

And I wouldn't say the cuts are "horrible" - but I'll agree they aren't perfect. It does look a lot better in person than observing close-up pictures. At first I wasn't too partial on the "feel" of the carbon, but now I absolutely love it.

4.5 out of 5 stars in my book. Better cuts and these would be perfect.

Upvote 0
Ok, I just installed mine a few hours ago, and its pretty good as of right now. Only point of concern I have is these little bubbles. I couldn't get them out with the "application card". So my question is, will they flatten themselves out or will I have to reinstall it?

The ones on my phone flattened themselves in couple of days. I would wait for a week before redoing it.

Reactions: NOSintake
Upvote 0
I recently bought the Captivate and I've been frantically looking for a good screen protector. I've already looked at Gadget Guard, Lexard, and (from what has been said in this thread) ZAGG. None of them seem to be very good.

Can someone who has been using the Phantom Skinz screen protector for a few days please comment on its quality? I'm looking for a screen protector that won't collect too much dust in the corners while in my pocket. I would like it to feel very smooth (like the original screen). And I'd like a protector that doesn't glare in light, making it difficult to read content on the screen.

Also, I don't want to get the chromatics case because of the added bulk. Would you recommend a full body kit or just the screen kit for the clear plastic cover?

Upvote 0
Put Phantom Skinz on two capitvates today... Very thin and easy to put on. Seems like a nice quality product. I have now used both the Zagg and Phantom screen protectors both are really great. Both have pros and cons.... Pro to the Zagg is it is thicker. Con is the texture is not quite as smooth as the Phantom people describe it as orange peel. Pro to Phantom very smooth, 2 skin protectors for the price of one, alot cheaper, same warrenty as Zagg. Con is it being somewhat thin. Both have lifetime warranty, and protect very well. Both are cut very well and fit the phones, touch sensitivity is not hurt at all by either covers. Doesn't glare in light?? both are gonna have a glare they have as much shine as the factory screen does. If you want one that doesn't find a privacy screen protector.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones