Phantom Skinz Help!Support

Last Updated:

1. DROIDdidME

DROIDdidME Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My wife and I got our Incredibles yesterday and applied the Phantom Skinz...However, there are fingerprints on the sticky side of the protector that are now very visible.

We made sure our hands were clean, and kept our fingers wet while applying...Anyone offer any advice or tricks to get this perfect?

Advertisement
  2. akvtiger

akvtiger Member

How long has it been? If your fingers were clean and wet I am pretty sure it will go away within a day or two. At least mine did when I had my BB Storm.

3. dspcap

dspcap Well-Known Member

I had the same problem the first time I applied the screen protector. I found that using tweezers is the best method for taking it off the paper, dunking it, and then applying it to the screen. I don't touch the screen protector with my fingers until after it's on the screen itself.

However, I also found that after you apply the protector, there is a wet / hazzy look to the screen protector for about 24-48 hours (drying period). You could find after 2 days that what you thought were finger prints, was just wet.

4. DROIDdidME

Ok I can try the tweezer method when I get home today, but how can you line it up perfectly on the phone without actually touching it to place it down on the phone? I imagine this would be hard just holding it with tweezers?

5. dspcap

dspcap Well-Known Member

Once the skin is on the phone, there's no harm in touching the outside of it. You can move it around until you get it lined up.

6. jayhammy

jayhammy Active Member

I would recommend you take it off and reapply. The prints won't go away. It's very important to have your fingers really wet when applying the skin. I've used them several times on cameras, phones, GPS, etc, and I've had success.

7. DROIDdidME

Ok I will use the other pack that I bought (good thing I got 2 packs!)

I suppose my fingers weren't wet enough maybe...Also, I tried to just sort of let it "float" on the screen to line it up nice and straight but once it made contact it just stuck...So does this mean the skin wasn't wet enough?

8. golfinglenn

golfinglenn Well-Known Member

Did you follow instructions and use a couple drops of soap in the water? I used dawn dishwashing soap and had great results. Just add the soap after you put water in the dish and mix around with fingers to avoid bubbles in the water.

9. DROIDdidME

I did put a drop of soap in the water, but perhaps it was because I didn't mix it around?

10. jayhammy

jayhammy Active Member

U just have to put 1 or 2 drops...no mixing or shaking. Then I've just let the skin soak in the water completely submerged for about 10 seconds. Then I make sure my hands are really wet before pulling it out of the water.