• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phantom Skinz Help!

DROIDdidME

May 11, 2010
My wife and I got our Incredibles yesterday and applied the Phantom Skinz...However, there are fingerprints on the sticky side of the protector that are now very visible.

We made sure our hands were clean, and kept our fingers wet while applying...Anyone offer any advice or tricks to get this perfect?

I had the same problem the first time I applied the screen protector. I found that using tweezers is the best method for taking it off the paper, dunking it, and then applying it to the screen. I don't touch the screen protector with my fingers until after it's on the screen itself.

However, I also found that after you apply the protector, there is a wet / hazzy look to the screen protector for about 24-48 hours (drying period). You could find after 2 days that what you thought were finger prints, was just wet.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem the first time I applied the screen protector. I found that using tweezers is the best method for taking it off the paper, dunking it, and then applying it to the screen. I don't touch the screen protector with my fingers until after it's on the screen itself.

However, I also found that after you apply the protector, there is a wet / hazzy look to the screen protector for about 24-48 hours (drying period). You could find after 2 days that what you thought were finger prints, was just wet.

Ok I can try the tweezer method when I get home today, but how can you line it up perfectly on the phone without actually touching it to place it down on the phone? I imagine this would be hard just holding it with tweezers?

Upvote 0
Ok I will use the other pack that I bought (good thing I got 2 packs!)

I suppose my fingers weren't wet enough maybe...Also, I tried to just sort of let it "float" on the screen to line it up nice and straight but once it made contact it just stuck...So does this mean the skin wasn't wet enough?

Upvote 0
Did you follow instructions and use a couple drops of soap in the water? I used dawn dishwashing soap and had great results. Just add the soap after you put water in the dish and mix around with fingers to avoid bubbles in the water.

I did put a drop of soap in the water, but perhaps it was because I didn't mix it around?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones