Phantom Skinz Matte: Anyone Tried it?General

Last Updated:

1. scrubs

scrubs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

New here. I'm interested in the Phantom Skinz full body kit, which seems to come in both a smooth/glossy finish and a matte finish. Has anyone tried the matte one? Just curious what it looks/feels like. I like the feel of the Eris phone body, so I would want something that comes close to that.

Phantom Skinz - Clear Protection Film for HTC Droid Eris

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

3. Nunley

Nunley Well-Known Member

I wasn't a believer and was skeptical about these skins. 25 dollars is a lot of money but I gave in one day and have been so happy with it. They really protect the thing, are hardly noticeable and really help with the oil on your skin. I would have loved a matte finish though!

4. scrubs

Well, I went ahead and ordered it. Guess we'll see in a few days if the matte is any good.

5. scrubs

So, I've been living with the matte kit for a couple of days. Pretty good feel. The texture is similar to the Eris body, but a bit more tacky/grippy. The screen protector is glossy, not matte. That's good, because it allows for pretty easy finger sliding...but bad because it does nothing to reduce glare.

It does not like my shell/holster case from Verizon, though. Taking it in and out of the shell has already disrupted some of the phantom skinz edges.