• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories phantom skinz matte blurry

talz13

Mar 23, 2010
Has anybody else gotten the matte kit?i just put mine on two days ago and its really blurry and sparkly still. It almost looks like I'm viewing the screen through frosted glass. I will post some pics after lunch, but I just wanted to get some other opinions...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Edit:

Pics of phone (from my touch pro camera):
2qkpcb9.jpg

2vjwr2a.jpg

The matte protector is a big POS. I had it on my Dinc for one day and took it off due to huge amount of loss in clarity. It's almost like I am looking at the screen without my glasses on. I know Matte protector will not be as clear and good old clear one, but this bad? My friend has a matte cover on his iphone and it's still very usable, I don't feel like I have beer goggles on when staring at it...Anyone else know where I can gt a good matte protector that will reduce glare and not as bad as this?

Upvote 0
The matte protector is a big POS. I had it on my Dinc for one day and took it off due to huge amount of loss in clarity. It's almost like I am looking at the screen without my glasses on. I know Matte protector will not be as clear and good old clear one, but this bad? My friend has a matte cover on his iphone and it's still very usable, I don't feel like I have beer goggles on when staring at it...Anyone else know where I can gt a good matte protector that will reduce glare and not as bad as this?
I know, I didn't think it would look this bad. I do like the rest of the matte full body kit, though. Looks very nice without all the glossy-ness of a clear body kit.

Upvote 0
What i did was order a full matte body skin and requested clear screen protectors instead of matte.

Matte seems very interesting for the body, but not ideal for a screen. IMO

I got full matte body kit too. It came with 2 Matte screen protectors, 2 clear screen protectors and 2 body kits (4 screen protectors total).

Reactions: forever_z
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones