phantom skinzGeneral

Last Updated:

1. esn

esn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just installed a phantom skinz on my incredible it only took a few minutes to complete. I will post my findings in the morning to see how clear it is. I have used this brand before with no issues plus you get 2 skins for $10.00.

Advertisement
  2. esn

esn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Update. After letting it dry over night I am not impressed at all! It's far from clear unless your in bright light. I will be removing after this post.

3. stanfna

stanfna Well-Known Member

try pealing back the top half...mist it with water and use a credit card to work it back down....then do the bottom half. should be perfect after this.

4. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

I got rid of mine too... it was horrible.

5. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

No, no, no! You have to let it cure for 2-3 days before it's crystal clear. Unless you made a user error installing it, I would wait before you remove it.

6. bowl443

bowl443 Member

Maybe you should have taken your time instead of completing it in a "few minutes".

I spent about twenty minutes on mine, to make sure it is right, and it is hardly noticeable.

I let someone use it yesterday, and they didn't even notice it until I pointed it out.

7. y2kirk1028

y2kirk1028 Active Member

yep i can confirm that. i have it on for 2 days now and still see tiny bubbles underneath, but it's getting clearer by the day. :)

8. Haelous

Haelous Well-Known Member

Mine took more than two days to become clear also.

I had a little installation issue with the lower right, but no way am I peeling it off now that the rest looks great.

9. krispy_mobile

krispy_mobile Well-Known Member

I'm debating on installing my clear version. For those who have installed and gone through the "clearing" period, what's your opinion? Particularly interested in:

1) If it adds resistance to the touch (Zagg did this on my BB. Didn't like that)
    2) (If you got the clear one...) Any noticeable difference in screen clarity or brightness?
    3) (If you got the clear one.) Any noticeable difference in fingerprints and/or easy of wiping them off?

Thanks

10. golfinglenn

golfinglenn Well-Known Member

I have installed 2 now in 2 days, one on my inc and one on my daughters chocolate touch. Both came out excellent and you cannot tell they are there unless you point it out. For the first day mine felt like there was more resistance compared to the glass, but that seems to have gone away after some use and feels super smooth now and crystal clear.

Did you follow the instructions exactly? Added a drop of soap to the water?

11. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

should have went with this...tons of color options to choose from, super easy to install and they make your phone look unique!

[​IMG]

12. SirensOfTitan

SirensOfTitan Active Member

I installed mine last night, and you cannot even tell a skin is on there today. The important thing with phantomskinz is to use a very dilute concentration of soapy water, otherwise it will take a while for the suds to evaporate.

13. mach1man

mach1man Well-Known Member

I'm debating this right now too. Anyone buy the full body cover off of amazon. Will they work this a clip on holster? How tacky feeling are they. I work in a shop and I have a hard clear case but I like the naked look.

14. krispy_mobile

krispy_mobile Well-Known Member

Methinks that would make a poor screen protector.

15. golfinglenn

golfinglenn Well-Known Member

Yea, that colorlay would look great hidden behind my inc case lol.