• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Phantom Skinzzzz

Hmmm... this is the first I've heard of these things! If I understand right, these skins protect from dings and scratches and cover the whole phone? So, if I have a case just to keep dings and scratches away, I should ditch the case and use these?

What about after you've had one of these things on for a while, months or a year or so, then take it off? Does it leave anything behind?

Upvote 0
NO, it only covers the glass screen. Not the entire phone. A case is still recommended to protect against drops and such. I like a silicone case cause it is easier to grip the phone and less prone to dropping. I have had the Phantom skin on for a year and zero issues. Looks like it did from day 2 when the cloudiness went away :).

Upvote 0
NO, it only covers the glass screen. Not the entire phone. A case is still recommended to protect against drops and such. I like a silicone case cause it is easier to grip the phone and less prone to dropping. I have had the Phantom skin on for a year and zero issues. Looks like it did from day 2 when the cloudiness went away :).

dang... this pic is very misleading then.

HTC-Droid-Incredible-Trans.jpg

Makes it seem the skin covers the whole phone, which would be cool, and I wouldn't need a case making the phone bigger.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones