Phantomskinz Screen Hazy :(Accessories

Last Updated:

1. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I just got my PhantomSkinz in the mail and love it! Very simple. BUT, my screen protector is very hazy.

I know the instructions say it may appear this way from 2-4 hours but it's been over 4 hours now. There are no bubbles, the feel is GREAT, but it really is detracting from the beautiful screen right now

Any tips? Or do I just have to wait longer? I've never done a wet application before so this is all new to me

Advertisement
  2. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Wait at least 24 hours...and hopefully you didn't have very soapy (bubbly) water!

jbhumph likes this.
  3. jbhumph

No, not at all! I was really careful to make sure my hands were clean, the screen was clean, etc....it is a perfect fit and again feels SOOO much nicer than the stock VZW one I had on to begin with. Just want to make sure the cloudiness of it will disappear.

Thanks for letting me know....I was afraid maybe I messed it up :)

4. CriticalMass

CriticalMass Well-Known Member

It might clear up. Mine did not. I reinstalled it and used Dawn instead of what they recommended and put the soap in after filling the cup and no haze at all. Had a friend have the same issue, she reinstalled the same way I did and no haze.

5. jbhumph

Reusing the same one will be ok?

6. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

I've never reused the same one, but they do provide two! I had a very similar one on my old phone and when I tried to remove it, it stretched because it was stuck on so well...came off clean, but not reusable for sure,

7. jbhumph

Thanks again for the help! All the moisture has tried up under the screen and the haze is definitely gone. One of, if not THE nicest screen protector I have ever had. Very satisfied :)