• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phases offline for the week - Flooding in TN

Phases

NO LONGER ADMIN
Sep 9, 2008
Nashville, TN
Hey all. As Shivers updated in the announcement post, I'm out right now due to the flooding in TN. I just got my internet back but will not be around a few days, maybe the week. Our house is okay, the flooding stopped about four houses down. Most our neighbourhood - including inlaws house - isn't though. Their house flooded halfway up, some houses to the gutters. One or two I think even to the roof.

http://phases.shutterfly.com/1063

This is round one of pictures. They're not separated by date so.. you know. I think they are in order though. Four or five pages, 50 a page. A few are from my doorstep, where you see the stop sign and stuff.. the rest are steve and k's house.. and the 'hood in general.

Hopefully nothing too personal in these, if you see something that perhaps shouldn't be public, lemme know. I've just been snapping away.

Please forward all stuff to Shivers for the time being. I have 40 PMs and 90 emails I've yet to go through from AF so.... yeah. It'll be Monday probably before I can even try to sort through those.

Thanks guys.

Thanks for the replies guys.

...no they don't have insurance. This is a 500 or 1000 year flood (they're saying) so.... they, like most everyone I imagine, were outa the 100 year so didn't get it.

Anyway, very sore. 'Bout to eat dinner. Long day.. appreciate the replies. :)

contact any state emergency relief agencies and if you want i can put you or your inlaws in touch with a lady from fema that i worked with before.

and hope you get some rest.

Upvote 0
Wow...that's an amazing amount of damage. It took me a minute to figure out that those watermarks go OVER your heads. I'm glad that you guys are all okay!

I hadn't even heard of the flooding until I saw your post. I hope you guys get most of your stuff back to rights - even if you are getting new stuff.

Look on the bright side! It gives you an excuse to remodel!

Upvote 0
Two more albums of pictures up.

http://phases.shutterfly.com/515

"Flood" is the first couple days that I posted before.
"Flood 3" is where we were end of Sunday
"Flood 2" is everything in between.

Taking less pictures now but a "4" should be up before too long. We're spraying under the house (last night and) tonight with mold spray then will re-insulate. under there. Pulled out all the crawlspace duct-work and insulation and put down a new moisture barrier mat day before yesterday.

I hurts :( But at any rate. Progress is being made.

Reactions: Frisco
Upvote 0
FEMA has surprised us all and sent them a check for the max amount of grant money, $29,900.

:)

That'll cover a bit less than half of the (estimated) damage to the house itself. Which will work out to about a third.. or just under.. the total cost for them - assuming estimates for repairs and refurnishing the house are accurate.

(How often are they?)

But at any rate.. It sure helps!! Go FEMA.

What a crazy experience this has been so far. At this point we're waiting for the house to dry while working on (it's actually been a pain..) getting permits to rebuild. Just finished the electrical so that needs an inspection, too. Doing outside work. It's going pretty good. In fact, if you ignore the giant pile of debris in the front and the destoryed inside of the house, things almost look normal over there!

They've been staying with us and probably will be for a month or two.

Obviously this has taken a toll on my presence here. I'm still here takin' care of things but not so .. publicly around.. on the forums and in drama and stuff. I'm workin' it the best I can but clearly am a bit distracted.

Anyway. Hopefully an album of progress at the end of the week will be up.
Thanks for the support!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones