Phases offline for the week - Flooding in TN

1. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Hey all. As Shivers updated in the announcement post, I'm out right now due to the flooding in TN. I just got my internet back but will not be around a few days, maybe the week. Our house is okay, the flooding stopped about four houses down. Most our neighbourhood - including inlaws house - isn't though. Their house flooded halfway up, some houses to the gutters. One or two I think even to the roof.

http://phases.shutterfly.com/1063

This is round one of pictures. They're not separated by date so.. you know. I think they are in order though. Four or five pages, 50 a page. A few are from my doorstep, where you see the stop sign and stuff.. the rest are steve and k's house.. and the 'hood in general.

Hopefully nothing too personal in these, if you see something that perhaps shouldn't be public, lemme know. I've just been snapping away.

Please forward all stuff to Shivers for the time being. I have 40 PMs and 90 emails I've yet to go through from AF so.... yeah. It'll be Monday probably before I can even try to sort through those.

Thanks guys.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Good Lord, man... my heart goes out to you and your family.. :(

Hang in there, this too will pass..

You and yours are in my prayers.
  3. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Damn....that sucks man. I was in NO to help clean up after Katrina so I know how horrible it is to go through flooding and how much damage it can cause. I hope everyone is OK first and foremost, and secondly I hope your inlaws have insurance to help out with the damage.
  4. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

wow phases, I hope all works out buddy. Prayers go out you, your family and your community
  5. Phases

Thanks for the replies guys.

...no they don't have insurance. This is a 500 or 1000 year flood (they're saying) so.... they, like most everyone I imagine, were outa the 100 year so didn't get it.

Anyway, very sore. 'Bout to eat dinner. Long day.. appreciate the replies. :)
  6. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

That's just awful! :(

Hang in there..

You and your family are in my prayers.
  7. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator

Keep on keepin' on homey. Glad to hear your house is more-or-less okay relatively speaking. God bless you for helping out your family, friends and neigbors. Let us know how it goes and goodluck!
  8. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

We are thinking of you all over there...
  9. CRPercodani

contact any state emergency relief agencies and if you want i can put you or your inlaws in touch with a lady from fema that i worked with before.

and hope you get some rest.
  10. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Yikes!

Best of luck! What's done is done, all you can do now is move forward. I'll be keeping all you guys in my thoughts and prayers.
  11. Anonimac

Anonimac Your mom goes to college. VIP Member

Needless to say my thoughts and prayers are with you my friend...take care of yourself and family.
  12. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Holy cr@p.... :eek:

Glad to hear you're okay, bro. As others have said, good on ya for helping out those less fortunate. Just keep safe, okay?
  13. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
  14. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

This^^^^

Hope everything turns out ok...
  15. Phases

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. It's been crazy here. Crazy. I'll be back at work Monday though as I've burned through all my leave time so.. should be back then.

Thanks again.
  16. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

Wow...that's an amazing amount of damage. It took me a minute to figure out that those watermarks go OVER your heads. I'm glad that you guys are all okay!

I hadn't even heard of the flooding until I saw your post. I hope you guys get most of your stuff back to rights - even if you are getting new stuff.

Look on the bright side! It gives you an excuse to remodel!
  17. Phases

I'm back, part time. Mostly in mornings and early afternoons.
  18. CRPercodani

Good to have you back.
  19. Phases

Thanks! Not sure it's good to be back though, heh. So much needs to be done but I'm out of leave. :(
  20. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

man phases, still throwing some prayers your way brother
  21. koppit

koppit Well-Known Member

Wow. Just, Wow. I wish your family all the best, it seems like the world is just a scary place to be right now, thanks to mother nature.
  22. Phases

Two more albums of pictures up.

http://phases.shutterfly.com/515

"Flood" is the first couple days that I posted before.
    "Flood 3" is where we were end of Sunday
    "Flood 2" is everything in between.

Taking less pictures now but a "4" should be up before too long. We're spraying under the house (last night and) tonight with mold spray then will re-insulate. under there. Pulled out all the crawlspace duct-work and insulation and put down a new moisture barrier mat day before yesterday.

I hurts :( But at any rate. Progress is being made.
    Frisco likes this.
  23. Frisco

Thank you for adding some visual imagery to our non-experience of that tragedy, Phases.

A picture is worth a thousand words, indeed.
  24. Phases

FEMA has surprised us all and sent them a check for the max amount of grant money, $29,900.

:)

That'll cover a bit less than half of the (estimated) damage to the house itself. Which will work out to about a third.. or just under.. the total cost for them - assuming estimates for repairs and refurnishing the house are accurate.

(How often are they?)

But at any rate.. It sure helps!! Go FEMA.

What a crazy experience this has been so far. At this point we're waiting for the house to dry while working on (it's actually been a pain..) getting permits to rebuild. Just finished the electrical so that needs an inspection, too. Doing outside work. It's going pretty good. In fact, if you ignore the giant pile of debris in the front and the destoryed inside of the house, things almost look normal over there!

They've been staying with us and probably will be for a month or two.

Obviously this has taken a toll on my presence here. I'm still here takin' care of things but not so .. publicly around.. on the forums and in drama and stuff. I'm workin' it the best I can but clearly am a bit distracted.

Anyway. Hopefully an album of progress at the end of the week will be up.
    Thanks for the support!
  25. Frisco

Wow.

Thanks for the update, Phases. Good to see some dollars coming the way of those in need, although it does seem to be quite a bit less than needed. "Mejor que nada," as they say in Mexico. ;)