• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [PhilZ] [MS323, D320N, D325] PhilZ Recovery v6.57.9

crutchcorn

Android Expert
Jan 23, 2014
Sacramento Area
PhilZ Recovery
This recovery is for the LG L70. It has been tested and works 100%.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for anything that can happen to your device when using this. Your phone = Your responsibility. Your bootloader must be unlocked to use this.

uploadfromtaptalk1418837099669.png uploadfromtaptalk1418837106673.png

The Goods

Installation

FASTBOOT USERS:

Download the recovery.img to your computer and open up terminal or command prompt and cd to the directory where the recovery.img is.

Example:
Windows
Code:
cd Downloads
Linux
Code:
cd ~/Downloads
Now that you are in the recovery.img's directory, boot into fastboot mode by powering off the device, from power off, plug in your usb, power on the device, as soon as it starts to boot, release the power button and hold volume up until in fastboot mode.

Now in terminal or command prompt, type:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Reboot
Code:
fastboot reboot
Once booted, go download this awesome app to make rebooting to recovery easy, HERE

FOR THOSE WITH A RESTORED LAF PARTITION:

Place the recovery.img in the root of your internal sd card.

Open up command prompt or terminal and type:
Code:
adb shell
Code:
su
Now it is time to overwrite your stock recovery with cwm, type:
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
That's it, download this awesome app to reboot to recovery HERE

To boot to recovery power off device, power on the device, and wait until it gets to the dim LG logo and try to interrupt the long vibration by pressing volume down a few times, if done correctly, your phone will stop the first boot and start another one that boots you to recovery. Timing is key so it might take a few tries

MS323 USERS ONLY:

Normally, key combo will not work, however, if you replace your laf partition, you can use fastboot key combos to access the recovery.
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf
It is suggested that you do a backup of your laf.img before you do so, however - if you can not - I have backed it up for you HERE.

In this case (overwriting the laf), you will need to have your USB plugged in before trying to use a key combo.

Aroma File Manager And Terminal
Aroma File Manager And Terminal is a lifesaver, allowing you to use a file manager and terminal right from recovery. It's even theme-able! Here are some screens:
AROMA-File-Manager-Android-Holo.jpg 01.png

In order to install Aroma, you just have to flash this file:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2231581&d=1378202418
That's it!

As per the norm, credit does not go to me but rather

Just thought I'd share, was never given it's own thread. I also totally copied + pasted Chevan's OG CWM thread. (If anyone else worked on this, let me know)

Last edited:
@crutchcorn, I get no credit? :p
I am so sorry @MikeHoncho. It's not that you didn't help or anything, just hard to juggle all the users on top of all the info on the threads. Fixed and proper credit has been given to you (here and on my other thread). :) Hope no harsh feelings. Thanks for your work!

Upvote 0
PhilZ Recovery
This recovery is for the LG L70 (MS323). It has been tested and works 100%.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for anything that can happen to your device when using this. Your phone = Your responsibility. Your bootloader must be unlocked to use this.

NOTE: Some L70 devices have been reported to not boot to recovery with the device powered down, just a heads up for anyone that hasn't tried it. Be sure that your device is able to boot to recovery from power off, if it doesn't then restore your laf partition and you will have to unbrick if you brick instead of restoring a backup.

uploadfromtaptalk1418837099669-png.78832

uploadfromtaptalk1418837106673-png.78833

The Goods

Instructions:

Fastboot users

Download the recovery.img to your computer and open up terminal or command prompt and cd to the directory where the recovery.img is.

Example:
Windows
Code:
cd Downloads
Linux
Code:
cd ~/Downloads
Now that you are in the recovery.img's directory, boot into fastboot mode by powering off the device, from power off, plug in your usb, power on the device, as soon as it starts to boot, release the power button and hold volume up until in fastboot mode.

Code:
Reboot
Code:
fastboot reboot
Once booted, go download this awesome app to make rebooting to recovery easy, HERE

People who restored the laf partition, follow these steps:

Code:
adb shell
Code:
su
Code:

Keep in mind, when rebooting from recovery, it will ask you to do 2 things, select no for the first option and select yes for fix root or you will lose your root. To boot to recovery power off device, power on the device, and wait until it gets to the dim LG logo and try to interrupt the long vibration by pressing volume down a few times, if done correctly, your phone will stop the first boot and start another one that boots you to recovery. Timing is key so it might take a few tries

Aroma File Manager And Terminal is a lifesaver, allowing you to use a file manager and terminal right from recovery. It's even theme-able! Here are some screens:
AROMA-File-Manager-Android-Holo.jpg
01.png

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2231581&d=1378202418
That's it!

Just thought I'd share, was never given it's own thread. I also totally copied + pasted Chevan's OG CWM thread. (If anyone else worked on this, let me know)
PhilZ Recovery
This recovery is for the LG L70 (MS323). It has been tested and works 100%.

NOTE: Some L70 devices have been reported to not boot to recovery with the device powered down, just a heads up for anyone that hasn't tried it. Be sure that your device is able to boot to recovery from power off, if it doesn't then restore your laf partition and you will have to unbrick if you brick instead of restoring a backup.

uploadfromtaptalk1418837099669-png.78832

uploadfromtaptalk1418837106673-png.78833

The Goods

Instructions:

Fastboot users

Example:
Windows
Code:
cd Downloads
Linux
Code:
cd ~/Downloads

Code:
Reboot
Code:
fastboot reboot

People who restored the laf partition, follow these steps:

Code:
adb shell
Code:
su
Code:

Keep in mind, when rebooting from recovery, it will ask you to do 2 things, select no for the first option and select yes for fix root or you will lose your root. To boot to recovery power off device, power on the device, and wait until it gets to the dim LG logo and try to interrupt the long vibration by pressing volume down a few times, if done correctly, your phone will stop the first boot and start another one that boots you to recovery. Timing is key so it might take a few tries

AROMA-File-Manager-Android-Holo.jpg
01.png

That's it!

Is there anything for lg D-321??

Reactions: jplsteel
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones