Phoenix Arizona 4G

Last Updated:

1. kingtheproducer

kingtheproducer Well-Known Member

First and foremost , let me start off by saying that I am from Phoenix and I have an HTC Evo 4G that I am VERY satisfied with, so far. I haven't had any software or hardware issues, nor do I have any issues with my reception while holding it with my left hand (BURN, HAHAHA), so i am a pretty satisfied.

I want to start this thread to shine some light on the development of the Phoenix AZ 4G service and probably get help from everyone on this forum. It was rumored that we'd be recieving 4G in August, also that It will only be based in Tucson. Of course, everything is still just a rumor until Sprint flat-out says it. Now what I know so far is that Phoenix already has one of the largest non-Clearwire WiMax networks in the country through Airband Communications. Clearwire's build out, seemed to piggyback on the Airband services offered in other areas of the country with 4G. However, Comcast (a Clearwire partner/investor) has a huge wireline investment in Phoenix and will probably get the ball rolling soon. Hopefully.

Anyone else want to shine some light on this dark subject?

2. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Where did you see this talk of 4G in Tucson?
  3. as329

as329 Well-Known Member

The only indication of 4G in Tucson that I've seen was a job posting for a general manager position for Clear back in December 09...I'd like to hear other speculation and rumors to get my hopes up too! (seriously, no sarcasm)
  4. Jadien

Jadien Well-Known Member

I about shat myself when I read the title of this thread... I even threw my hands up in triumph hoping it would be one of those "Unofficial 4G City" threads. Unfortunately, no.... ;-(

But it's good to hear some rumors to keep the dream alive. Until then, I'll be making frequent trips to Vegas to use my $10 dollars worth of data! (Because I wouldn't be caught dead in Tucson. Fork 'em Devils!!)