Phoenix LauncherGeneral

1. trygunzy

trygunzy Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried this home replacement out? It still could use a little more updates but if you want ics this is practically the closest thing to it!

Advertisement
  2. epayne123

epayne123 Well-Known Member

Pretty decent launcher here. I dont like the fact that at the home screen you can't hit the Menu button and go to System Settings but only to Launcher Settings. The scrolling speed is awesome but I would like it to slow down a tiny bit to bring out the smoothness better. It is smooth but it moves to fast to show it LoL. It is a really good launcher definitely.
  3. trygunzy

Lol when you open the app drawer there are some grey dots in the right upper corner. You can access settings from there.
  4. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

So how does this compare to 360
  5. trygunzy

6. DONLATINOHEAT

DONLATINOHEAT Well-Known Member

Maybe some screenshots ?
  7. Fuzzy13

All ICS looks the same. :p

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=phoenix launcher images

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...51bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5waG9lbml4LmxhdW5jaGVyIl0.

Im digging this shit. Only thing I didn't like, which is the same on 360, is you cant add apps to the dock and keep the "stock" icons. Plus if you have a after market message or browser it doesn't recognize it so you have to add the apps to it.

So I just made my edits and added the "stock" icons to the apps I put in there so it "appears" to still have the stock icons.
  8. trygunzy

That's pretty cool but there are other Icons for the dock in the launcher settings
  9. thevisitor83

thevisitor83 Well-Known Member

I just bought it today and it's nice as hell I think that it will hold us over till PG makes the cm9 rom happen.

Phoenix launcher +1
  10. thecdn

thecdn Well-Known Member

Seems to be pretty good, definitely worth $1.95 to play with. How do you make folders for the home screen? Or the task switcher like 360 has?
  11. Fuzzy13

Im talking about the ICS icons.
  12. trygunzy

Just drop an icon on top of another icon
  13. trygunzy

Ohh maybe that would be possible in a future update "/
  14. Fuzzy13

15. Strider0007

Strider0007 Well-Known Member

Go Launcher EX has a free ICS theme with a lot of the icons and and some cool scrolling effects.
  16. deathrow911

deathrow911 Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't see why people like to take a shit on go launcher ex, it's the best launcher I've used yet. Using the ICS theme too.

I tried Phoenix and it lags like hell when I scroll through apps.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
  17. Johnny Crapple

Johnny Crapple Well-Known Member

I like go launcher but I paid .10 cents for adw.ex so that's what I use lol. I like to change launchers every now and then anyways. These launchers are really about personal taste it's all good.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
  18. Fuzzy13

Go launcher is nice but you can't customize it nearly as much as adw. Adw is still the best because of that and it doesn't eat that much ram.

Phoenix is ok. Much better out there. Almost every launcher has an ics theme now so it's just a matter of a good launcher.

Adw with ics for days. Can't touch it.
  19. trygunzy

20. Fuzzy13

Yeah I just saw it and shared it. :cool: