• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] Phone app requesting SU permissions

sharksfan7

Android Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Earlier tonight I was looking through my text messages (I use Handcent) and I got a SuperSU prompt that the Phone app was requesting SU permissions. I thought that was odd, so I denied the request. Haven't noticed if anything stopped working. I can still make and receive calls. Tried to find some information on why the Phone app would need SU permissions and didn't really find anything other than people saying that they're getting it too. Some suggest fixing permissions stopped the requests, while others say it didn't help. Can anyone here shed some light on this?

I'm running stock KK 4.4.2 w/ Sense 5.5 & stock kernel on AT&T branded One. Unlocked & rooted (obviously), S-OFF. I don't have the pro version of SuperSU yet, so I can't see the details of the request other than the app & time. I'll monitor it to see if it continues to request permissions. Any insight on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Earlier tonight I was looking through my text messages (I use Handcent) and I got a SuperSU prompt that the Phone app was requesting SU permissions. I thought that was odd, so I denied the request. Haven't noticed if anything stopped working. I can still make and receive calls. Tried to find some information on why the Phone app would need SU permissions and didn't really find anything other than people saying that they're getting it too. Some suggest fixing permissions stopped the requests, while others say it didn't help. Can anyone here shed some light on this?

I'm running stock KK 4.4.2 w/ Sense 5.5 & stock kernel on AT&T branded One. Unlocked & rooted (obviously), S-OFF. I don't have the pro version of SuperSU yet, so I can't see the details of the request other than the app & time. I'll monitor it to see if it continues to request permissions. Any insight on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry,I don't have much info for you this time,other than I've gotten that on occasion as well. I've always granted the request,and never noticed anything wierd happen after that,for what its worth.

Reactions: sharksfan7
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones