• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone appears as icon on PC - but no content

sargan

Apr 12, 2014
My Samsung Galaxy S7 was fully accessible under W7.
Upgraded to W10 ... when I plug phone in I get the task bar message "Device has been loaded - Samsung USB modem"

Phone appears in 'my computer' I double click and it opens empty folder - no content shown.
I reinstalled Samsung S7 drivers - still the same ... icon for phone appears when I plug it in - but no content.

If I open properties for icon - It does show model number, battery status etc. for phone ... so must be communicating.

It is W10 Pro ver 1511
build 10586.420
64bit

There's a checkbox in settings or uefi (Win10) that allows installation of drivers until reboot. Otherwise you can try to install the S7 drivers all day and they won't set or stay. Unchecked that box and try re installing the drivers.. MS is making it damn near impossible to do anything these days.
This link takes you to where it was originally discussed and Linked to the detailed "fix". http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/7302576
Hope this helps! [emoji41]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones