• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone appreciation

I'd like to take the time to show some appreciation towards my droid as I realize that though some may consider it to feel cheap and feel like plastic or whatever, no matter how many times I dropped my phone, it still hasn't cracked (unlike the iphone or other phones) Lol

Hear here I must whole heartedly agree. Android has made my phone my favorite toy since childhood. I havent even paid a cell phone bill in monthes thanks to groove ip. People can say what they want about lg but first hand experinece shows me this is a really well built phone. Trust me I drop it like a feature phone.

Upvote 0
Ive dropped it like 7 times in the last week! Not on concrete or anything, but hard wood floors. Battery has flown out and I thought I'd crack the screen one of the times I've done it. Still running like a champ and no blemishes to show for the drops. Only mark I have is from dropping off my lap getting out of the car. So between that and now seeing the 3g icon 95% of the time I'm pretty happy! I'm seeing noticeable faster browsing speeds, but no speed test that shows any faster results.

Overall I am more then satisfied with this phone, and I only paid like $40 brand new from a friend that got T-Mobile 2 days after getting this Optimus. So for $40, very decent IMO.

Upvote 0
My father drop my phone last week while taking a picture on a hard tile floor, no scratches and it is still working great. I don' even have a case on this phone. (At least a six feet drop). I am very happy with this phone.
I was thinking of getting the new LG Stream, but I will wait until next year for a new android running "Ice cream sandwich". I have Internet at home and at the office so it is really a matter of usage. I don't depend on my phone for Internet access that much.

Upvote 0
Got y'all beat... I TRIED to smash my phone, and failed! One night I was real mad at the person on the other end of my phone ... madder than a wet hen, so rather than taking a minute to calm down I threw my Optimus at a steel door bout as hard as I could. Now I ain't normally the type that has a temper like that, but that door was about 7 feet away from me... SMASH goes the phone. I left it there, sure I had busted the screen into a billion pieces. Later on I came back, and the battery had managed to come loose... but I'll be damned, I put it back together and it worked! A quick check with Elixir showed all the internal sensors to still be working too!

Now, I'll be honest here and say that the phone did and still does have an OtterBox case... best case I ever owned, with the best phone I've ever owned safely inside it. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones