Phone arrived today along with update 1.47.651.1. How can I tell the update took place?

Last Updated:

1. htmlcssguru

htmlcssguru Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My new EVO's just arrived and I got them activated. About 45 mins later the update notice pops up. I called tech support to validate it was the *right* one and that I should install it, which it was and I did. BUT! Here's my problem. After I said "OK" then basically nothing has happened. I was expecting a notice to reboot or something. Now, it COULD be still downloading but I have not indication of that (it's 30mb's).

So, my question is HOW can I determine IF the update actually was completed?

Or, ONCE it's completed will my phone prompt me to reboot?

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Menu- about phone- software. if you have 1.47.651.1, then you do NOT need to update.

3. FunDroid

FunDroid Banned

Do you see something in the upper task bar that looks like an arrow jumping up and down? If so its still downloading. The phone usually reboots on its own when a new o/s update is downloaded.

4. htmlcssguru

Originally I DID see the arrow with a sort of 'bar' it was pointing down to but that disappeared after awhile. No idea why. That's why I wasn't sure the update took place. Not sure what to do at this point.

5. htmlcssguru

It's showing:

Software number: 1.32.651.6

6. Twosted

Twosted Active Member

Menu> Settings> System Updates> HTC Software Updates> Check Now

If it is already downloaded it should start installing, if not it will download and then install.

7. htmlcssguru

Ok, looks like it's downloaded but after I ran the 'Check Now' it shows it's ready to install. So, apparently it's not 'automatic' that it begins installing after completing the download. Not sure how long the installation takes. Ideas?

8. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Not too long, Maybe 5 to 10 minutes tops, but it is interesting that it didn't prompt you to install after downloading.

9. htmlcssguru

Yeah, by not prompting me it could easily hint to someone that it didn't download or install and they'd possibly do it again.

Good news is, there was a notification in my notifications panel telling me it was done and to proceed with the install.

10. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

I checked my uninstall program and noticed there is an app called htc 2.1 update 1. Does anyone else have this as an installed app. I think it was installed on 4/29 though. Really weird. Not thread jacking but wanted to see if new phones have this installed.