• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone auto restart

Hi there, what would u like to know about my phone? I'm a beginner of android user. I can tell u I have a 2.1-update1 firmware. What would u like to know more? Pls spend some time with me to solve this problem. I'm having a headache when the phone suddenly offline & I don't notice it when it's inside my pocket. Pls help...thanks.

Upvote 0
Have you tried to update your phone recently? A new update came out just the other day. What apps do you have installed? If your not too attached to your settings and stock your sbf file and start over does it still happen? I am too also new to Android and smart phones but have come along pretty quick with the help of guides and reading on forums. When you say offline do you mean the phone is just off? So either it is a update you need to do or you need to check over the apps you have installed. One of them is most likely causing it to reboot.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, my motorola milestone auto restart once in a while. Can someone pls let me know. Thanks.

Actually, an 'auto restart' could be quite useful, IF it was controlled and scheduled, in order to keep the phone functioning at max capacity and clear the memory. Is there an app that can do this in a scheduled manner, or does an app exist like "Slide to Shutdown (winmo)" that will restart an Android device in stead of just turning it off? Thanks! :)

Upvote 0
Actually, an 'auto restart' could be quite useful, IF it was controlled and scheduled, in order to keep the phone functioning at max capacity and clear the memory. Is there an app that can do this in a scheduled manner, or does an app exist like "Slide to Shutdown (winmo)" that will restart an Android device in stead of just turning it off? Thanks! :)

Yes there is a app for that. Can't remember what ones there are, and I'm too lazy to search google :p I'm sure someone will comment soon enough on what ones there are to choose from ;)

Reactions: DROIDing
Upvote 0
Have you tried to update your phone recently? A new update came out just the other day. What apps do you have installed? If your not too attached to your settings and stock your sbf file and start over does it still happen? I am too also new to Android and smart phones but have come along pretty quick with the help of guides and reading on forums. When you say offline do you mean the phone is just off? So either it is a update you need to do or you need to check over the apps you have installed. One of them is most likely causing it to reboot.
Everytime when I wanna update my phone, it says I got the latest one already. I got apps like BatteryTime Lite, AndExplorer, Ringdroid & some games. Do u know what apps will cause it to reboot? What I meant offline is it reboot & ask for pin(common thing when u turn on the phone) but sometimes it just reboot & never ask for pin.

Upvote 0
Everytime when I wanna update my phone, it says I got the latest one already. I got apps like BatteryTime Lite, AndExplorer, Ringdroid & some games. Do u know what apps will cause it to reboot? What I meant offline is it reboot & ask for pin(common thing when u turn on the phone) but sometimes it just reboot & never ask for pin.

None of these apps rooted it. If you know nothing about it it means it is not rooted.

Upvote 0
Like I said previous apply the stock sbf on it then you can test and see if it still reboots. If I stops rebooting then you know it was a app and you can slowly add each app testing each one for a day to see when the phone starts rebooting. You will lose all your settings but then again it shouldn't reboot anymore with just the stock sbf.

Upvote 0
I have the same trouble. I don't really do apps, so there are none to speak of on my phone, it's been doing it since I bought it. It is fully upgraded as far as I know and it seems to auto-restart when I am trying to text than at any other time. But on occasion it will do it when just sitting idle. It seems to take almost a min or two to fully reboot.

I have done several factory restores and no change, I reported it when it was under warranty and they did nothing. It is really getting annoying as I also use the phone to run my business and when it shuts off in the middle of a call it costs me money.

I have the motorola milestone.It's a POS.

Upvote 0
hi !! i have a motorola milestone ...and suddenly it's started to auto restart without stopping until it appears some kind of boot menu on the screen ....it says : ""bootloader 90.78 .....code corrupt....battery ok ....cannot program """ can you help me please to fix this problem

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones