• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone (battery?) Having Issues LG Ally

FantaKitty

Lurker
May 20, 2012
So, here's my problem;
I got a new phone from best buy (probably a refurbished one, even though they said they'd give me a brand new one) and it's been working just fine until today.
In the morning, it was working just as it should, absolutely no problem. But this afternoon, it decided to start turning off and on again for no reason. (it would be on for a few minutes, restart, and wash, rinse, repeat.) It did this for, maybe an hour or two and then, upon waking up from a nap, I went to go turn it on, and it apparently killed itself doing the rebooting thing. I plugged it in and it came on twice, showing the 0% battery thing, and then wouldn't turn back on again.
Now, it won't charge and, if I leave it plugged in, it gets really hot. I don;t know what I did wrong, I never dropped it or did anything recently that could have caused this problem.
If you have any idea of whats wrong, please help me out here. I miss my baby! :(

you need to take it to a verizon store, it will end up needing to be replaced, as long as you havent rooted it, there shouldnt be any problem with returning it

I was dreading that that would be the answer.
Do you have any idea if the replacement will cost anything? I really don't want to pay full price for a phone I got for free...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones