• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone battery problems on rooted phone

Hey everyone.

I went on a 2 month trip and left my Eris at home. When I came back and charged it overnight, it worked fine. However, I quickly noticed that everything was not ok. My battery completely drains in less than three hours. It is constantly in the awake state. I downloaded the "Advanced Task Killer" even though I never needed it, and I found that my phone is constantly "awake." What should I do?

My phone is rooted via the 1-Click Method, and I haven't flashed a ROM or whatever. Do I do the swipe thing?

Well, first I would check for the screen timeout in settings->display (I think.)

You can also try recalibrating the battery. Get the phone fully charged. Keep it plugged in, and then shut down the phone and restart in Recovery. Go to the wipe menu, and choose "Wipe battery stats". Restart the phone, and then unplug it. Let the phone run on battery for as long as you can, but don't let it get to zero. Recharge it fully and hopefully it will be better.

Also, do know that Li-ion batteries do tend to lose life after about 18 months of heavy use, so it may be that the battery needs to be replaced. Keep that in mind if the recalibration doesn't seem to help.

Reactions: kikofosho
Upvote 0
I checked what is using my battery, and the things are "cell standby," "android system," and "phone idle."
The apps on my task killer say "clock," "circle battery widget," "messages," "footprints," "market," "gmail," and "task killer."

I turned on my background data, and killed "footprints." I also noticed that my phone is alway syncing. I looked at what was up, and it was still working on my google contacts. I stopped it, and am now waiting to see what my phone does.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones