Phone been acting weird

Last Updated:

1. Tugdaturtle

Tugdaturtle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well ever sense i downloaded the mui rom and and went back to what i originally had my phone has been acting really werid . Here i will explain

Every time i go in recovery to install a new rom /theme/ kernal or w/e i keepp getting this

E:can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0 also can't mount sd card

it does this 2 or 3 times before it actaully works , i was wondering is there anyway to fix this also is other people experiencing it or just me ????

Advertisement
  2. Groid

Groid Well-Known Member

I would try copying everything off the sd card to a computer and formatting the sd card. Then copy back only what you need to install a new rom. Make sure to format System, Data, Cache, and Boot from the 'partitions' menu in Clockwork Recovery. I format them 3 times each. Also, go to the 'advanced' menu in recovery and 'Wipe Dalvik Cache'. Then install your new rom.

If it works, then copy back your pictures, music, wallpapers, etc. to the sd card. Let us know how it goes.

3. Tugdaturtle

umm anyway to give me steps on this because i am new to it lol

4. Groid

Groid Well-Known Member

Are you asking about copying your files/folders to the pc and formatting the sd card or using ROM Manager? The wipes are usually necessary only if you are installing a new rom, not a theme or kernel. ROM Manager should mount the sd card automatically unless there is an error on it.

5. Tugdaturtle

The first part is easy today its the formatting stuff