• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Brand you've held onto the longest?

HTC, Samsung, LG, all phone brands. But with all of that. Which phone brand have you sticked with the most? Like I spent at least 5 years with LG, Starting with the Optimus V, now the L70, and soon to buy a pre-owned Optimus G Pro. I trusted them, and now I'm going to get another quality phone from a company I trust. Which one have you hanged onto to the longest? That you've stuck with them for a while?

Last edited:
I'd have to say LG. I came over to Android for the Galaxy S3. I then got the LG Optimus G Pro which I absolutely loved. Next came the G3 I'm currently using and loving. In between I picked up a Nexus 5 I also still have. Next will definitely be the G4.
Nice to hear an LG fan, heard nothing but good things from the G Pro, can't wait to buy it. It's outdated but since I'm on a budget. It's going to be 100% worth it.

Upvote 0
HTC with Android.

Motorola made the best feature phones I owned, but they've never been good with non-US markets for their smartphones (typically releasing them very late if at all - the G series is an exception, and they were better with the second generation X than the first, but there's still no sign of their current flagship in Europe so they still haven't fully moved on from their narrow geographical focus).

Upvote 0
For smartphones, I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy S3. I've had it for almost 3 years now and keep using it until a Project Ara phone is commercially available. Prior to that, I used an HTC Desire Z for a year and a half before the battery died. Last year, I bought a new battery for it and use it as a backup phone. Before that, my first smartphone was a Nokia N97. I used it for 7 months before I ditched that PoS. I still have it for playing music over an FM radio as the phone has an FM transmitter.

Before smartphones, I had a Nokia 6126 flip phone for a few years. Prior to that, it was a Siemens for a few years. Before that, it was a carrier branded phone for several years. I do not recall what brand it was.

Upvote 0
Since getting my first mobile phone I have spent 3 years with Motorola, 9 with Nokia, 2 with HTC, 5 with LG and 2 with Samsung. Of course there is a bit of overlap here as I rarely only have one phone. :) Viva la Difference!®

my_phones2014.jpg

Upvote 0
Between 1997 and 2010 I bounced around between most carriers, T-Mobile, AT&T, TracFone, VirginMobile, Verizon. I did mostly prepaid and had everything LG, Erickson, Motorola, Samsung, HTC. In 2010 I got the T-Mobile G2 phone with T-Mobile, had it almost two and half years, after that I went with the Samsung Galaxy S3 had it almost two years. Since July of 2014 I have been primarily with Nexus, I did do a few months with an LG Optimus L90 , since January its been the Nexus 6 and I am planning to take a page from the wife's cellphone playbook, hold on to a phone until it gives out completely, won't hold a charge and does whatever it wants

Reactions: iowabowtech
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones