Phone broke during update

Last Updated:

1. BrianSusan

BrianSusan Member This Topic's Starter

I received notification this morning that my phone was ready for an update - YIPPIE! Unfortunately after the update rebooted the phone it stopped at the Moto symbol and would not go any further. Callled verizon and walked throught he normal battery pull and factory reset to no avail. The only answer they had was to send me a replacement phone which will be here to tomorrow. Bummer it broke but good customer service softened the issue.

Advertisement
  2. GideonX

GideonX Guest

Funny thing is, stuck on M logo is easily fixable using RSD Lite.

3. momtodeshawn

momtodeshawn New Member

The same exact thing happened to me, but they didn't walk me through a factory reset. They gave me the option to go to a local store with a technician (saying that they have a special tool to fix it) or get a new phone sent to me. I'm going to try to go to the local store later to see if they can fix it...otherwise, I guess I'll be getting a new phone.

4. GideonX

GideonX Guest

Special tool = RSD Lite ;)

5. momtodeshawn

momtodeshawn New Member

How does that work? I can't seem to do anything with my phone. It's just stuck. :(

6. GideonX

GideonX Guest

7. momtodeshawn

momtodeshawn New Member

Thanks for the link, though I'm pretty sure I have no clue what it all means...I'll give it a look and see if I can figure it out. ;)