Phone call abruptly disconnects and touch screen becomes unresponsive, help!Support

Last Updated:

1. Avazee

Avazee Member This Topic's Starter

I've had this issue happen a few times, so I disregarded it, but a few hours ago it happened 3 times in a row. Here is what happens:

I'm in the middle of a phone call, and suddenly I hear a beep, and I look at the phone and the call was disconnected (I'm back on the 'Phone' screen). I then realize that the phone becomes unresponsive (the screen doesn't respond, same thing goes for the Home/Menu/Back/Search buttons).

The only thing I can do is press the top 'Off/Lock' button to shut off the screen, then press it again, and everything goes back to normal.

This happened 3 times within 5 minutes.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? If so, any advice/solutions?

My phone is stock, no rooting or roms. I've downloaded a few apps from Android market and that's about it.

My 30-day purchase window is up in about a week, so I'd like to get this resolved before then to avoid any headaches.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Have you by chance installed any new apps recently that you could possibly relate to the issue?

3. Avazee

Not that I know of. I just uninstalled handcent so ill see if that helps, but its going to take a long time if I have to do trial and error with all my installed apps.

Also, I have noticed just today that my keyboard, when using horizontally, has delays. Does anyone else have this problem?

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

If you can't pin it down soon, I'd get a new one since you're in the 30 day window. It's either that or a factory reset when all else fails and if you're going to go to that hassle, might as well set up a NEW phone instead.

5. Avazee

Well, I uninstalled my Google Voice app, and I haven't gotten the problem for about 3 days now. So I think it may be something weird/glitchy with the Google Voice app.

Has anyone else experienced any issues/glitches with the GV app?

6. bbeachlife

bbeachlife New Member

I had the same problem and it has gotten progessively worse. Now is also makes conference calls in addition to hanging up constantly. They asked about apps downloaded but I had none. We reset my phone anyway back to factory default and it did no good. And my warranty went out 2 weeks before