1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Phone call app? not sure how to describe it.

Last Updated:

1. skydivergoose

skydivergoose Member This Topic's Starter

Hey folks.

I'm looking for an app, if anyone can point me to such an app, or if some kind soul would be nice enough to write it, I don't think it would be too hard.

My apartment complex has a call-gate setup where people who come over to visit dial my apartment number at the gate, and the box calls my cell phone. I answer and push "9" and it opens the gate for them.

The app I want would work that whenever I get a phone call from that phone number that is the gate, the app would answer the phone for me, wait 1 second, and then dial 9. The gate hangs up the phone call once you dial 9, so the app doesn't need to hang up, just detect that specific phone number, answer, and dial 9.

Advertisement
  2. itisjustme

itisjustme Well-Known Member

I think you can probably use Tasker. You will have to read up on building a profile to accomplish the task you want.

3. skydivergoose

Thanks for the tip. Before I consider buying Tasker, I was hoping for a free solution, if anyone else has one?

4. skydivergoose

Not to be a "bump" whore, but uh.. bump. Lol.

I went ahead and got Tasker based on the awesome reviews it has, it seemed like what I need. I can get it to auto-answer, but not dial 9 once it picks up...

5. VeryJoyful

VeryJoyful Member

Holy Lack-of-Security Goose! This reply isn't what you want but... do you seriously just want to open the gate to ANYONE? Do you really get that many visitors that you can't bother to answer the phone for each one? Oh, wait... I just figured out what kind of person gets that many visitors and doesn't care about security for himself and his neighbors. Never mind.

:eek:

6. skydivergoose

Don't feed the trolls! Moderator, can we got a lock, please?

7. Rokcet Scientist

Rokcet Scientist Banned

...himself...?

8. skydivergoose

Seriously, people, don't feed the trolls. This was just a thread of me asking for an app and explaining what I wanted it for. Weeks after the thread died, someone posts on it with a reply totally irrelevant to my question, and attacking my character and lifestyle, just to see what kind of a rise they can get. Classic trolling.