Phone Call Display ProblemSupport

Last Updated:

1. troch

troch New Member This Topic's Starter

I find that when I am on a call, I used to be able to tilt the phone and the display would come back and I could end the call if I wanted. I was prompted for some ROM update this week, and since then, this functionality has gone - it doesn't matter what buttons I press, the screen doesn't come back. This will be a hassle, especially if I didn't intend calling a person, etc...

Has anyone else had this problem, or know of a fix?

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Any dirt where the sensor is?

3. troch

Where is the sensor? I thought it was the normal inner phone sensor. I try any button, and nothing brings the screen back, so I can't hang up a call ever - I have to wait every time for the other person to hang up.

4. tanbe174

tanbe174 Well-Known Member

the sensor is on the top left corner (near the HTC logo). Did you try restart/reboot your phone ?

5. troch

No dirt - the phone is only 3 weeks old. It really gets annoying when you listen to voicemail and can't use the screen to delete, save, etc your messages - you need to wait till they're finished, then remove the battery... I might factory reset it...

6. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

have you tried pressing the power in button?

7. troch

I have tried every button and button combination. It used to work when I took it away from my ear - I didn't have to press any button. Now, I have to remove the battery to hang up!

8. jhaquo

jhaquo Member

uh, hi
    i have the exact same problem, except i bought the phone from someone in a nearly new condition, and the first time i called i had the same problem.
    i tried different proximity sensors application and none gave any response (stayed on 0). i called htc (they SUCK at tech support) and the transporter is coming back tomorow to take the phone back to tech support...

9. kboya

kboya Well-Known Member