• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone call encryption

Thatdad

Android Expert
Jun 4, 2013
South Georgia
I am using the Huawei Premia, Rooted with stock rom ICS 4.0.4

Curious to know how I can either encrypt my phone calls or completely encrypt my device.

I know there are phone encryption apps but I really want to find something where 2 people don't need the exact same app to encrypt phone calls.

Is there anyway to do this?

I'm really hoping to encrypt the entire device, but just phone call encryption is good enough.

Thanks all.

I am using the Huawei Premia, Rooted with stock rom ICS 4.0.4

Curious to know how I can either encrypt my phone calls or completely encrypt my device.

I know there are phone encryption apps but I really want to find something where 2 people don't need the exact same app to encrypt phone calls.

Is there anyway to do this?

I'm really hoping to encrypt the entire device, but just phone call encryption is good enough.

Thanks all.

I'm sure if both parties wish to encrypt the phone call for secrecy, they have to use the same method of encryption and/or use the same encrypting app. Using something like RedPhone.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.thoughtcrime.redphone

Because if the person you're calling hasn't got any method of decrypting your call, it's not going to work. Don't think there's any standard method for encrypting voice calls.

Maybe three-letter spook agencies have agreed on a standard method of doing phone call encryption?

Reactions: Crashdamage
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones