Phone call/mobile network clash

Last Updated:

1. kingroach

kingroach New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone,

Am having a few issues with my Hero on Vodafone and am looking to see if anyone else has ever experienced any similar issues, as they're starting to drive me crazy!

First and foremost is an issue of trying to dial out and make a call. A simple function that's failing to play ball!

Basically I try to make phone calls and the phone just beeps and refuses to do even try, it just simply ends the attempt. This has been happening for the past few months and I've found the remedy to be simply switching off the mobile network option. However this is highly annoying when trying to make a call in hurry, or having done this not being able to have apps running in the background as I've forgotten to turn the network back on!

I am having this issue even when there are no downloaded apps running at all, simply the com.htc.provider/calendar/messages, etc. I am using TasKiller to monitor this and therefore there should be NO mobile network activity.

Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Finally has anyone been able to get mms to work on the Vodafone network yet? I've have tweaked the APN's sooo many times and have tried the settings that are in the sticked thread. Any thoughts, as Vodafone and HTC support offer no help whatsoever.

Cheers guys and gals

Advertisement
  2. kingroach

kingroach New Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone?

3. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

A long shot but try deleting task killer and see how you go on.