• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Call Recorder

I used to use Androrec for a call recorder. It worked awesome, recorded and played back both sides of the call perfectly. Then it stopped working. I uninstalled, reinstalled tried different settings... Nothing just static (lately errors). The developer suggested the above and to remove any other recorder apps but it still didn't work. I didn't have anything installed aside from the preloaded verizon voice recorder apps which you can't delete.

I tried a few other call recorder apps and they either don't work, don't record BOTH ends of the calls, format isn't supported... etc.
Some of them played static as well.

So my question is:
1- did I possibly load an app that can be interfering with the recording/playback of calls?
2- what could be causing static on playback of calls for the apps that DO work (which are few) BTW did I mention Androrec used to work great?
3- does anyone have any call recording apps to suggest that record and playback BOTH sides of the call?

This is driving me crazy....
Thanks in advance
Unrooted Samsung Galaxy S3 from Verizon

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones