• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help phone call screen time out

macymann89

Lurker
Feb 4, 2011
so when ever i make phone calls my screen instantly shuts off. why this is an issue is whenever i call credit card companies or other places that require input it is such a hassle! i enter 3 numbers then my screen times out then i have to re-enter my pattern lock. i have tried so many things to solve this issue. it isnt pattern lock... it isnt the screen time out function because i have it set for 30 min. my phone was on the power save function and i tried turning that off but still no luck :/ any advice on how to adjust this setting so i can enter a full credit card number and not have press the power button 14 times?
thanks
will

so when ever i make phone calls my screen instantly shuts off. why this is an issue is whenever i call credit card companies or other places that require input it is such a hassle! i enter 3 numbers then my screen times out then i have to re-enter my pattern lock. i have tried so many things to solve this issue. it isnt pattern lock... it isnt the screen time out function because i have it set for 30 min. my phone was on the power save function and i tried turning that off but still no luck :/ any advice on how to adjust this setting so i can enter a full credit card number and not have press the power button 14 times?
thanks
will

I'm experiencing the same problem, I'll keep on searching for a fix or hack. So if anyone that know how to change some kind of secret settings, please chime in.

Upvote 0
I am having sort of the same issue with my galaxy s2, not when entering numbers but when I make a call a lot of times i need to hit extensions or even just to hang up I have to power up the screen again, why would it timeout in the first few seconds while you are making a call? seems like a stupid feature

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones