1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Phone calls - Caller says they hear an echo.

1. stokietom

stokietom Member

I've had my GS2 for a day now, when people have called me they have said they can't hear me very well and they hear them selfes echo really badly.

I do not have a case on the phone.

What causes this?

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. stokietom

stokietom Member

Thanks for the reply. :)

I'm glad it's not an isolated issue but I am worried because my phone still echoes even without the case on.

Cheers
  3. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

That's what most of the threads say I'm afraid.

Grab a coffee and have a read through them.
  4. stokietom

stokietom Member

I did read through the threads. :) I really could only see people saying that their case had an echo issue only when they had a case on though...
  5. ironass

Really! The last thread doesn't mention cases at all.

If you root your phone, and install the CheckROM ROM, it has a fix for call echo in the Kitchen Pro app.

Alternatively, when in a call, press Menu and select, Noise reduction off, and see if that helps.
  6. stokietom

stokietom Member

When noise reduction is off the call quality is fine however it is a hassle to keep having to turn noise reduction off. And if the call quality does go fine when noise reduction is off, doesn't this mean the top mic is faulty?

And the fix you first mentioned is interesting, I assume it just forces noise reduction always off?

Cheers
  7. led hed

led hed Active Member

seems, from what i read, the speaker and mics aren't isolated well enough, or the material has shifted from around these, allowing voice to wander inside the phone, causing echo.
    mine's fine, with or without any type of case.
  8. stokietom

stokietom Member

Got a replacement today and it's fine - No more echo. When I put a case on it, there still isn't an echo but I don't sound as clear, but that could be down to the cheap case I got from ebay.

Cheers
  9. ironass

I've never experienced the voice echo problem but it would seem that the solution is to get your phone replaced under warranty. ;)
  10. paige1

paige1 New Member

This is totally legit and totally will work, a bit ghetto but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I have a galaxy skyrocket s2. Have been using it for over a month with no problems until I bought a case. There are two mics on the phone, one one top and one on bottom. When the case is on the sounds is forced back to the other mic. The case I bought is a rubber body glove. I simply used a razor to cut through the rubber to make an opening where the mics are. Works perfect now. I suggest you find a case that won't cover the mics or do as I have and modify your case if possible.