• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone calls having problems

Seems to be a common issue with the Hero and 3G. I have a T-Mobile G2 (HTC Hero) and am always getting told by people that they tried to call but the call never made it. I get no notification, no voicemail or anything most of the time. I find that text messages can take over an hour to send and receive.

I have been on to T-Mobile who claim there's no problem, but that setting my phone to use 2G only ought to stop this. Of course....then I lose the 3G data (which is also unreliable at best).

T-Mobile yesterday agreed to send me a replacement handset which I will get on Tuesday but I *know* that will be the same as they all are. That one will then get reported as also not working, they will send it for repair for two weeks and THEN they ought to offer me a new choice of handset.

Problem is, I want to stay Android (since I have to stay with T-Mobile and they don't do the iPhone) and they have no other sensible Android option here in the UK.

Upvote 0
Seems to be a common issue with the Hero and 3G. I have a T-Mobile G2 (HTC Hero) and am always getting told by people that they tried to call but the call never made it. I get no notification, no voicemail or anything most of the time. I find that text messages can take over an hour to send and receive.

I have been on to T-Mobile who claim there's no problem, but that setting my phone to use 2G only ought to stop this. Of course....then I lose the 3G data (which is also unreliable at best).

T-Mobile yesterday agreed to send me a replacement handset which I will get on Tuesday but I *know* that will be the same as they all are. That one will then get reported as also not working, they will send it for repair for two weeks and THEN they ought to offer me a new choice of handset.

Problem is, I want to stay Android (since I have to stay with T-Mobile and they don't do the iPhone) and they have no other sensible Android option here in the UK.

You could maybe ask for the HTC Desire for a little cost on top which has the Android 2.1 platform.

Upvote 0
Happened to me for two days last week the phone just gives a single beep.
I swapped my sim card to my old crappy nokia phone and it worked perfectly.
I like others think its a HTC Hero problem.

theres actually another thread with same problem
http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/62043-hero-beep.html

im on orange and have been thinking its a branding problem as no one i know with an unbranded phone are having the proble. ive put mcr on mine now and im having less issues. orange think its a problem with the masts in this area and after rooting i think i might agree with them. im installing a newer radio on monday if it isnt resolved.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones