Phone cases with magnetic flaps?

Last Updated:

1. jgarrett354

jgarrett354 Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering about a holster with a magnetic flap with the Motorola Droid. I put mine in a leather holster and all of my things on my home screens were messed up. For instance I had to delete all of my contact shortcuts because it did not even recognize they were there. And all of my Facebook stuff was messed up. All of my Facebook contacts info was all the way deleted. Any suggestions

Advertisement
  2. Flahusky

Flahusky Well-Known Member

Cases w/magnetic closures have been around for years with no issues.
    Sounds like droid just got cranky and blew it self up.

3. Highland Ranger

Highland Ranger Well-Known Member

Magnet sets off the dock mode and leaves your screen on.

This kills battery and you may have deleted items and such inadvertently because the phone was "on" in the holster.

I had limited success flipping the phone around so the screen side was closest to the magnet so the phone didnt go into dock mode but wound up just getting another holster with velcro to be safe.

If you dont have a dock - take a refrigerator magnet and wave it near the back and you'll see the screen go into dock mode.

4. monsterenergy22

monsterenergy22 Well-Known Member

i was questionable about getting a magnetic flap, but the velco was just so dang annoying. i have found that if i put my phone in with the screen facing the magnet it never goes into car mode. sometimes when i pull my phone out or put it back in, the magnet will make it go to my lock screen, but then it turns off after about 15 seconds.

5. Highland Ranger

Highland Ranger Well-Known Member

6. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Well-Known Member

I purchased a Verizon Leather Case with Magnet Closure specifically for the Droid. I have had no issues with the magnets causing docking mode to come on. This case has magnets on the ends of the flap instead of in the center and seems to work fine. I like it a lot. Its nice and slim and wears well. I do not have to carry the phone with the screen out to use this case. I would definitely recommend.

BigRedGonzo

7. monsterenergy22

monsterenergy22 Well-Known Member

8. teschoen

teschoen Well-Known Member

My case is magnetic, as long as I turn the screen off before I put it in I have no problems.

9. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

+1

10. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Member

If you get a case with a large enough magnet in the very center it'll trigger the Dock/Car Dock mode, but if you get a case with not so large dual magnets that reside at the extremities instead of the very center it won't trigger either dock mode.

I bought an HTC magnetic flap case for my Droid (I know, but it was the only one that didn't trigger the blasted dock mode) and have had no problems no matter which direction it's facing.