Phone cases!!Tips

1. SFBayite

SFBayite Member

2. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 Well-Known Member

Me too!

I wonder if Seidio will have a hole for viewing the rear notification light?
  3. nelamvr6

4. climberman

climberman Well-Known Member

AntimonyER likes this.
  5. nelamvr6

Someone from Seidio answered my post on their Facebook page, the rear notification light will be visible with their cases!
    NightAngel79 and AntimonyER like this.
  6. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Hmmm, makes my decision tougher for sure!
  7. Bearcats

Bearcats Well-Known Member

I bought the Otterbox as an "in between" case until the Siedo's are released.

Hopefully my phone shows up on Monday! :D I risked a little by going to a small store with little foot traffic knowing I didn't need it today. Spread the purchases to the little guys too. Hopefully it wont burn me.
  8. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

OK you guys seem to have the bases covered for caes. I'm still naked with my DNA but have heard about 2 folks with drops that cracked the screen.

Has a case been found yet with all the proper cut outs even the hidden notification light on the back that is very light weight and true to form for the DNA?
  9. AntimonyER

Alright, so many 5 star reviews tells me the Diztronic is worth a try. I guess I can always get a drill bit for the back notification light. :)
  10. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Yeah, a simple drill bit and 15 seconds worth of drilling and you're good to go. The Ditztronic is great in that it really doesn't alter the form facvtor of the phone and gives you a great feeling of protection. Now, when you put it down on a table you don't have to feel like you're handling the Hope diamond. Nice case at an amazing price.:)
  11. AntimonyER

Have you been watching how I am with my phone!? (Looks around for hidden camera ;))
  12. I really like Seidio cases, but I'm disappointed they don't seem to be making the Active case without the stupid kickstand. I don't want that hump on the back that houses the kickstand. At this point though, I'd settle for anything. Bring on the cases!
  13. Bearcats

Bearcats Well-Known Member

Oh man, say it isn't so. I don't need the kickstand! Got my otterbox today; no screen protector. *sigh* They are shipping out another whole unit and I am to call if it doesnt come with this one too. So I will have a duplicate outer hard shell and silicon Commuter cover.

Forza RULES..GT# drools! :D
  14. 05evors

05evors Member

Got my Diztronic case today....drilled hole after some quick eyeballing and its awesome. Fits like a glove, no visible mold lines, feels like same texture as the back of the phone. $12.50+2.50 shipping way nicer than anything for 20-30 at direct store.

#1. Even if it was $20-25 id buy it no hesitation. :thumb:

#2. It makes the vague power/volume buttons perfect feel now.:D
  15. 05evors

05evors Member

#2 above is awesome
  16. climberman

climberman Well-Known Member

Love what this case does to make the top power button into a responsive feature.....worried about drilling a hole for the back notification light.....no perforations on the back cover ??
  17. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

I got mine too. It's OK. It's a pretty good, plain, sturdy black case I would say.

I find that using the DNA buttons is actually about the same in overall usefulness with and without the case to be honest. I can FEEL the buttons more easily, but they seem to require more pressure to respond IMO. So for that part,I don't see any huge improvement, though I appear to be alone in this. The Verizon gel cover makes the button presses much easier than this case IMO, others may disagree.

Overall? It's a pretty good case I would say. And for $12.50 it is hard to go wrong. But it is not the be-all, end-all of cases for me ...
  18. AntimonyER

Those of you interested, Cruzerlite listed their androidified cases for the DNA on their site and amazon.
  19. nelamvr6

Those don't look like they've made accommodations for the rear notification light...
  20. AntimonyER

No, but clear and smoke options don't need one ;)
    jreed2560 and Skipdawg like this.
  21. AntimonyER

Got my Ditztronic case finally, and pretty pleased with it. Although it does not play well with my Zagg Screen protector. It wants to bunch up the edge of it when I try to install it. Was not fun but I finally got it on, by using a credit card to hold down the screen protector while I slid the case on each corner, then pulled the card out so the screen protector is sandwiched between the glass and case along the edges. :p
  22. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Body Glove has all ways had good case's imo. Use to have one on my old phones love them. I will be buying one for my new Dna :)
  23. nelamvr6

24. Eris1981

Eris1981 Well-Known Member

I liked mine, but the spring on the holster did not hold up. I did not even get a year out of it.
  25. ncampbell21

ncampbell21 Well-Known Member

Another poster posted this case from China a while ago and I bought one.

HTC Droid DNA Flexible TPU s Line Wave Case Smoke | eBay

I received mine in about 8 days and I have to tell you for $3.99 this case is amazing! Fits my DNA like a clove and the smoke case shows the notification light on the back for those of you who what this without drilling your case. I bought the black one and it feels and looks great.

You can click on "see other items" and look at all the other colors and styles.