Phone charger issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. kbd112

kbd112 New Member This Topic's Starter

Two problems:

(1)For some odd reason my Incredible will not charge when the USB adapter is attached to the charger that came with the phone anymore.

(2)As an alternative, I used an DC adapter that accepts a USB. Now, when plugged into my car, there are no problems. However when I attach the DC adapter to an AC/DC adapter that plugs into a normal wall socket, I cannot use the touch screen. Is this an issue w/ the kind of current entering the phone?
    [​IMG]

Anyone else having these issues? If so, can anyone explain what is happening? [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. teslas123

teslas123 Member

Woah. Glad to hear im not the only one. Although mine is a little different. My default charger works, but the extra charger i boughr off amazon freezes the screen when i plug it in. Any ideas as to why?

3. wakkow

wakkow New Member

I have the same issue as teslas123. Anyone else having this issue with third party chargers?

4. darby78

darby78 New Member

FWIW-
    I tried running alot of battering draining features while driving with my incredible this week. GPS, data, bluetooth, streaming audio, navigation... and plugged it into the USB port on my radio to keep it charged during this. At the end of a 2hr drive - the battery meter was LOWER than when I started (it indicated charging the entire drive).

I checked the output for my radio and its 5V/500mA. The provided wall charger shows 5V/1A. So I tried plugging the wall charger into an inverter in my car - and after a short while the battery meter was HIGHER (although I wasn't running the GPS at the time).

So apparently (I'm open to better theories), the incredible really does need the 1A if you're going to max out its capabilites. Maybe this is the problem with some aftermarket chargers? I bought a 3rd party wall charger and it shows 500mA (which is probably the norm). It chargers my phone fine at night (no load).

Anybody have a line on a car USB charger that outputs 1A? :eek:

5. IveFancySSN

IveFancySSN Member

I have the same issue: the screen freezes when I charge. Charging speed is slower than the original. But no other problems like phone-heating-up or any type of wiered behavior. I guess the cheap charger from ebay is the problem :(
    Is it bad for the phone?

6. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member

Yes, beware of the chargers you use. Some do not supply enough power. This is the case with most high powered phones not just the incredible.

I had the issue on my droid to. I upgraded chargers and the issue went away.

7. dyastrab

dyastrab Member

Was any permanent damage done to your phones? I had the same issue with a third party charger this afternoon and freaked out.

8. DHSFed

DHSFed Member

I have had 3 third party AC Chargers (all from different Mfgs) do the same thing. The only AC Charger that I have found that worked (other than the stock OEM one) is from my LG ENV Touch. If you can find an OEM ENV Touch Charger you might want to pick it up.

9. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

This no name cheapo wall charger I bought for my EnV Touch for emergencies does that with the Inc. Just stopped using it.