Phone Charging Setup QuestionSupport

Last Updated:

1. cindyp

cindyp New Member This Topic's Starter

I bought a wall charger adapter that is for a GPS, so you can charge it in the house with the GPS car charger (my GPS can only be charged inside with USB which takes a long time). Can I use this adapter with my generic Incredible car charger or will it damage my phone? Will the phone car charger output the proper voltage for the phone if I use the adapter?

Here are the specs from the adapter: Heavy Duty Charger: 800 mA/12v DC; Input Voltage: AC 110c-220v; Output Voltage: 11.4v-12.6vdc under 0.8 amp load.

Here is the info from the generic car charger: contains a Dynamic IC Chip; charges a 1100 mAH extended battery for empty to full in less than 2 hrs; charges a 600 mAH extended battery for empty to full in less than 1 hr; intelligent switching circuit will recognize a full battery & automatically switches to a saver; plug never heats or overcharges battery; suitable for all Ni-Cd and Ni-Mh batteries; Short circuit protection.

I want to be able to use this set up at work and just leave it there instead of having to bring my wall charger and maybe forgetting to bring it home.

Thanks for your help!!!

Advertisement