Phone Charging while talking/gaming

Last Updated:

1. ZoinksM3

ZoinksM3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Greetings,

I picked up the EVO 4G on Friday and like it thus far. However, the phone does not seem to recharge while using the phone or while playing games (I'm addicted to RoboDefender already :) ).

Is this normal?

I've only charged it from my workstation and laptop so far. Does the phone gain charge from the included USB adapter? Can I use a dual-lead USB cable to get charged on the laptop/workstation (cables with one data USB cable and one for power)?

Thanks for any assistance.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the phone doesn't discharge while talking/gaming, just doesn't gain a charge.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Some usb ports in a computer, especially a laptop, wont provide enough power to charge the phone while using it. try using the ac adapter and see if that helps.

3. ZoinksM3

4. ZoinksM3

Answered my own question. Using a Y-adapter USB cable as I linked above along with a mini-to-micro converter gives the phone enough current to charge while talking/gaming and attached to my laptop (a Sony Z1).

I would be interested in a Y cable that outputs to micro-USB without the converter, but I haven't seen any available.

5. ragebot

ragebot Well-Known Member

6. ZoinksM3

That is fine for a vehicle, I was referring to laptop or workstation solutions.

7. ragebot

ragebot Well-Known Member

Well it charges fine on my Black Mamba, but it does have a 1k W power supply

Black Mamba

I have not tried it on my laptop yet.

8. sitlet

sitlet Banned

i would contact the laptop manufacturer and see if they have a fix for this. Sometimes its just a setting in the bios that needs to be enabled to push more power to the usb ports.