Phone Completely Reset Itself?General

Last Updated:

1. luger

luger Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my phone yesterday and spent all night downloading apps and customizing it. Today, I was showing it to some people then put it my pocket (might not have locked it first). Next thing I know, it starts to beep and I look at it and it's back to the HTC start screen and loads up and asks me to go through the same initial steps I had gone through to activate the phone. I did all this and then it started up and all my apps and customization were gone. I assume they're lost now but does anybody know how that happened so I can avoid that happening again?

Advertisement
  2. luger

Welp, I still don't know exactly what happened but I couldn't even place phone calls afterwards because when I did it said that Verizon Wireless was having trouble authenticating my phone so I had to call in to a Verizon number and get a really long authentication number and such. Kind of a pain in the butt but I still love the phone, as long as this doesn't become a reoccurring problem.

The lesson I learned in this is to have Appmanager and backup my apps on the SD card.

3. falexs

falexs Well-Known Member

I thought you couldn't save the apps to the SD card? How do you do this?

4. DroidSuks

DroidSuks Well-Known Member

Is it possible that you pressed the +vol button and the camera button at the same time?.... you know.... in your pocket... accidently.

Doing this would explain a factory ROM reset.... which seems to be what your describing.

If you bought apps your shouldnt have to re-purchase them... just download them again... no charge.

5. rigamrts

rigamrts Well-Known Member

there's no way to backup apps to your sd card without root. but just go to the market and redownload those apps cause the purchase is tracked to your the account you used for gmail and your esn of your phone.

in your email you shuold have received emails comfiming you purchased those apps thats's you receipt use that to show the you buoght his app so he can send you the apk.

6. luger

No, unfortunately, you can't save them directly to the SD card but there's an app called Appmanager that allows you to back up all of your apps onto the SD card.

Yeah, definitely could be possible. Who knows what buttons got smushed at once when it went into my pocket. But, yeah, if there is some button combination that does the ROM reset, I'm sure that's what I had to have pressed. Wacky. Thanks for letting me know that's what it is though.

7. falexs

falexs Well-Known Member

Ohhh... great info! Thanks!

8. iloveDroid

iloveDroid Member

Sounds like all those apps might have something to do with it. A lot of the times apps will interfere with each other and cause strange stuff to happen.