• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone connected to computer without asking

bakkiz

Nov 10, 2013
So, I was sitting at my friends house, watching movies, while a message box popped up on his computer screen.

It asked about LGMOBILE_something_something could connect to his MediaMonkey or not (MM is for handling music, ala. iTunes I think). I couldn't read the whole message because my short-sighted friend freaked out and pressed no before I could read it through.

I had to check if I even were connected to his WiFi, and I was, but nothing else was happening on my phone that I could see.

Is there any way I could check out what did really happen there?
Obviously my phone does a lot of stuff it doesn't tell me about. If this was some kind of customer function or some kind of collection of statistical data, I would expect it would tell me. I suspect a virus that is trying to use an exploit in mediamonkey or something like that. Where can I locate this app or virus?

For the record, I have never used mediamonkey, and I just upgraded my previously rooted android 4.2 to 4.4.2, and therefore lost my root, so it's not rooted atm.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones