Phone Contacts Only ?Support

Last Updated:

1. Aydos

Aydos Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to make my contacts only show my phone contacts by default. I know when I hit the contacts button I can filter it, but it is still annoying that anytime I am in the phone dialer and go to the contacts tab or anytime I try to send a text and pull up my contacts I have to sort through phone, gmail, twitter, facebook, and myspace people.

If I want to call or text someone I do not need any of those to show up ever.

This might be very basic but this X is my first droid.

Thank you in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Amazonfemme

Amazonfemme Member

I've been looking for an answer to this question as well. Any luck resolving it? Do you run the stock launcher, or LauncherPro?

3. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

you can set up shortcuts for the people you call and tex the most.

4. Amazonfemme

Amazonfemme Member

Thanks for the reply. I've already done that, but it's not really what I'm looking for. Sometimes I want to call a contact I don't call frequently, without having to go through ALL my contacts. What I'd really like is for my phone contacts to be the default when I tap Contacts.

5. PSUlion01

PSUlion01 Well-Known Member

+1 on this. While I know I can create favorites, this seems like a basic, reasonable request that many users would have.

Does anyone know if it's possible with LPP or ADW?

6. krshultz

krshultz Member

I've only had my DX for about two hours, but I think I figured it out. Go to your Contacts list and hit the Menu button. Tap "Display Group," then select "Phone Contacts." This seemed to do the trick for me.

7. Amazonfemme

Amazonfemme Member

Thanks. But that still isn't quite it, as it requires four taps. What I'm looking to do is set the default on the Contacts shortcut so that it goes directly to the phone contacts group when I tap the Contacts button on my home screen -- a single tap to get there.

And I'm getting the feeling no such workaround exists. :(

8. OrderFromChaos

OrderFromChaos Well-Known Member

Doesn't your contacts stay on "Phone Contacts" if that was the last display group you chose? Does yours default back to all contacts?

9. Amazonfemme

Amazonfemme Member

Sorry, I forgot to include that information. It does stay on Phone Contacts unless I power down the phone ... then, when I power back up, it defaults to All Contacts.

10. OrderFromChaos

OK, that's what I thought but wasn't sure as I very rarely power down my phone. It seems that you are correct, there isn't a fix/workaround for this.

11. Amazonfemme

Amazonfemme Member

I appreciate the replies! As PSUlion01 noted, it seems as though it's a fairly basic request; it's surprising to find it's not available.

12. OrderFromChaos

lol

Especially when the main purpose of the device is to function as a phone. :rolleyes:

13. Amazonfemme

Amazonfemme Member

Heh. Exactly.