Phone Contacts to Google Account

Last Updated:

1. aggieandroid84

aggieandroid84 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So back when I first got my phone I was putting in contacts the dumb way selecting "phone contact" rather than putting them in under my google account. I also have a bunch of contacts recovered from backup assistant. Since I am constantly flashing new roms it has come to my attention that there isn't always Verizon Back up Assistant support on them. Take for example CM6-RC3, I love the rom, totally and completely....except when I try and run Back Up, it says it isn't compatible with the program and recommends uninstall. So my specific inquiry to all the great rooted Dinc users out there is, is there an easy way to turn all those annoying "phone"/old non google contacts into google contacts without doing each one individually on my computer/phone? As always thanks for the help!

Advertisement
  2. csills

csills Member

I believe you can go to the VZ website and export as a .csv or something, then import to your Gmail account.

aggieandroid84 likes this.
  3. aggieandroid84

aggieandroid84 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I will try that thanks a ton!

4. gabetron

gabetron Member

I did the same thing and csills is right, login into your verizon and go to backup assistant and you can export your contacts to a csv file and load them into your contacts. I did it through the google voice login, but I would assume regular gmail would work too.

5. crutoi

crutoi Well-Known Member

but how do you delete just phone contacts? i have same contact in my phone and in google, after unlinking them, when i try to delete phone contact both get deleted...

6. ktan91

ktan91 Active Member

Airplane mode.

stuckpig likes this.