Phone continuously connects and disconnects from WifiSupport

Last Updated:

1. ashwinmudigonda

ashwinmudigonda Member This Topic's Starter

Something weird just happened. I am at home where I am on my WiFi connection. The Wifi has been working fine ever since I got the phone. I checked Gmail using the app and it was trying to fetch all the messages. Then I saw that the WiFi had disappeared and the H symbol was there in place. I checked the WiFI settings and found the phone connecting, authenticating, then disconnecting from the network cyclically. After a few seconds, I turned off and then on the WiFi and it latched onto it fine. I think this is the second time this has happened. I don't know the trigger.

Advertisement
  2. georgiejr

georgiejr Member

Same thing happening here and keeps saying obtaining IP address and doing so for abut 15 mins. powercycled my router and immediately connected. next day same thing. rebooted my router. for 2 days now...no problem with wifi. when I reach my garage, it connects with no problem

3. ashwinmudigonda

ashwinmudigonda Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah and it also appears that some times the screen locks out, it switches to the 3G network. When I unlock, I see it switch to WiFi. Is anyone else seeing this?

4. needshelp

needshelp New Member

i need help on this .. i have a htc g2 and my gallery kept freezing.. i rebooted my phone it has no freezes now but my wifi doesnt work .. im not sure how to set it back up, ive been searching and i just dont understand how to fix it .. it says its obtaining the wifi adress and then it says its disconnected .. does someone know how to fix this problem?

5. hipster7929

hipster7929 Well-Known Member

Gallery does the same for me quite often, only wifi issue I have is the wifi calling shutting itself off from time to time

6. StanM456

StanM456 New Member

im also having the same problem and need a solution.... because every time i turn my wifi on it would connect and disconnect over and over again