• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone copies contacts to SIM card automatically. 8 entries for each contact!!

simplyjus

Lurker
Feb 3, 2011
Hi,

I had this problem and I find it rather irritating. My phone seems to be copying contacts from phone memory to the SIM card memory automatically without my knowing. In the phone memory (people), I have 1 entry for each contacts. However, in my sim card memory, I have 8 entries for each contact! It seems like the phone copies and replicates them. Few weeks ago, I had 3 entries for each contact and with no other ways on hand, I had deleted all SIM card contacts. However, it now shows 8 entries for each contact! I did not sync any facebook or google account. Anyone has the same problem and any idea how to solve this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones