Phone crashed while updating apps, now some apps won't install.Support

Last Updated:

1. crazydog

crazydog Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The other day I was updating a group of Apps, and my phone decided to crash while it was updating (yay?).

After booting, I tried to update them again, but I kept getting "Installation unsuccessful" messages.

I've tried so many things - uninstalling + redownloading doesn't work, restoring backups from Titanium doesn't work, restoring from Titanium, clearing data, and then uninstalling doesn't work..

Anyone have any advice?

Advertisement
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

try installing without your sd card in, if it works your sd card might be corrupted.

3. crazydog

crazydog Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I solved the problem.

After looking at the logs while trying to install an app, there was an error creating a file (or moving/deleting, I don't quite remember. :p)

Anyway, to fix it, first of all you need to be rooted (And who knows maybe you need to be rooted to have this happen, but I doubt it. Just a combination of some bad luck).

Go into your favorite filesystem browser, and navigate to /mnt/secure/asec/, and rename/move/delete the file 'smdl2tmp1.asec'. I renamed it simply to smdl2tmp1.asec.bak, and all the apps installed correctly.