Phone dead after trying to unlock with USBSupport

1. tadaska

tadaska New Member

Last night I downloaded the X Unlock Tool and tried to unlock my brand new Xperia Ray with no success. After connecting testpoint to ground and plugging in the USB cable (as shown in the video bellow) I had a pop-up to install drivers which failed and wasn't able to proceed. Wanted to try again this morning but the phone was dead, it would't power on... any ideas what happened and what can I do to fix it?

Now Connect Your Sony Ericsson Xperia ray (ST18) with Test Point - YouTube

Advertisement
  2. ply17410

ply17410 Member

Pull the battery for a minute or so, then retry with no USB connected.

Bob H
  3. beniaminpl

beniaminpl New Member

i've got same problem. after unlock phone is dead.
    tadaska - did you found any solution?
  4. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

Have you tried running a reflash with the Update Service?
  5. beniaminpl

beniaminpl New Member

Have you tried running a reflash with the Update Service?

- Yes i've tried. My phone cant be recognized by software nothing happend when i press volume down or anything else( no vibrating no flash light)
    Only when i use testpoint my phone is recognized as a semc flash device. But i tried to flash it by SE software also with SETOOL and it wont work
  6. Sam-SonyXperia

Then I hate to say, but I am only left with advising you to return the handset for repair.
  7. beniaminpl

beniaminpl New Member

DONE! I've repeaired by SETOOL.
  8. Sam-SonyXperia

Glad to see that was resolved without need for repair :)
  9. sarah1988

sarah1988 New Member

hi i have the same problem with my xperia ray its not powering on can you please tell me how to repair it i do not know anything about SEtool.
  10. Josh-SonyXperia

Josh-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

11. sarah1988

sarah1988 New Member

pc companion is not recognising my phone it says phone not connected.
  12. Josh-SonyXperia

Kevinq likes this.
  13. sarah1988

sarah1988 New Member

ihave tried this and this didnt help too :(
  14. Josh-SonyXperia

Unfortunately if neither PC Companion nor Update service helped. Then the only one option left would be to contact your local Sony Ericsson service center for a possible repair option.
  15. massive7

massive7 New Member

After i paid these guys cellunlockerdotnet 30$ my phone is now dead, it just shows the SE startup screen, and then flashes.
    Someone solved this? And if someone repaired it in a service how much it costs?
  16. Sam-SonyXperia

17. massive7

massive7 New Member

Josh, you are the best...
    If you ever come to Austria i will buy you a beer... this really worked...;)
  18. massive7

massive7 New Member

19. Josh-SonyXperia

lol :) I'm really glad to know it worked ;)
  20. ericpode

ericpode Member

This link doesn't work for me it just redirects to http://www.sonymobile.com which is just a general page asking you to select your country.

I selected UK and US, but all I can find for software is "PC Companion". No sign of "Update Service".

Has "Update Service" been withdrawn and replaced by PC Companion?

I've noticed that you can download Update Service from various web sites but I'd prefer to get a trusted version from a Sony Ericsson web site.

LATER: It seems that softpedia is getting it's download of Update Service directly from this URL http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe which is obviously on an official Sony Ericsson web site. But why have Sony Ericsson hidden it so effectively?
  21. Sam-SonyXperia

It is still there, just restricted to certain models of handsets. For example if you look under support for the Aspen you will find this software available.