Phone Dead? HelpSupport

1. brtisbuck

brtisbuck New Member

I plugged my Rezound in before bed last night as usual. I woke up this morning and it was doa. It wouldn't turn on plugged in or not. When I unplugged it and plugged it back in the orange light would light for a few seconds, blink, and then turn off.

I went to the VZW store where they replaced the battery. Life came to the screen, but after several battery pulls and reset attempts the phone would still not boot past the white HTC screen.

Does anyone have any last ditch ideas before I enter refurb replacement purgatory on a 5 month old phone? My phone is not rooted.

Advertisement
  2. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

hey buck! heres an idea :) try leaving the battery out for a little while and then put it back in sometimes this helps if that doesnt help i would say get a replacement as this cant be a root issue :) maybe someone can correct me if i'm wrong :)
    have a great day :) :ciao:
  3. brtisbuck

brtisbuck New Member

Tried it to no avail. Had to dust off my old Eris until I get it fixed or replaced. This stinks because I have had zero issues with this device until now. I'm not prepared for the pain and suffering of enduring the replacement phone rodeo I am headed for.
  4. fyrfyter612

fyrfyter612 Well-Known Member

The same exact thing happened to my original Rezound a few months back. I called HTC & Verizon when it happened...ended up have to replace it with a "like new" piece of crap that I'm already having problems with. In fact just called Verizon this morning complaining of the problems & told them I would accept nothing less than a brand new replacement this time. The rep put the request in for brand new one to be sent to me & now waiting for him to call be back on Tue.
  5. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

It probably won't buy you a thing but you might try pulling the sim card and re-insert. I'd try anything and everything prior to trading my phone for a refurb. Not that I've had a bad refurb experience, it's just something I always try to avoid.
  6. Smokey Joe

Smokey Joe Well-Known Member

I had to get 2 refurbs via the insuranc due to cracked screens and on the 2nd one after a couple weeks, it died on me... worse than what yours is doing! Mine wouldn't even give me a charging light at all... swapped batteries, with and without SIM and memory cards. Tried everything! Called Asurion(insurance ppl) and they sent me a BRAND NEW Rez under warranty! Phone, Bat, mem card, SIM, and earbuds!! I hope you can have the same luck getting yours replaced! :smokingsomb: