phone defaults to speakerphone when calling out

Last Updated:

1. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ever since 2.1 I have noticed all outgoing calls turn on speakerphone by default - and in coming also trigger speakerphone. PITA to place calls, or get them, and always have to turn off speakerphone button.

Anyone know why or how to stop it? I cannot say for sure it is 2.1 issue but that is newest change I recall.

Advertisement
  2. shanicenicolle

shanicenicolle Member

If you have speaker turned on in VVM it does this. try turning it off there, if you have it.

3. Lock-N-Load

you know, I thought of this.. and I turned it off in VVM and the when you come back to it, it is back on! and sure enough, I just did it and my incoming call was still with speakerphone turned on!!

also, there was a recent VVM update and now that I think of it, it started after that update.

4. Lock-N-Load

anyone have any other ideas, this is driving me nuts

5. Bob M

Bob M New Member

This is exactly what is happening to my Droid. I feel it happened after the VVM update. Any answers yet?

Bob M

6. Lock-N-Load

no fix.. I can find no rhyme or reason.

sometimes I think it is 2.1 update issue, sometimes it seems logical it is a VVM related issue. sometimes I think it might be related to how it was last used in the cradle.

7. krzyz

krzyz New Member

Is there any way to roll back the VVM opdate to see if it corrects the problem (without a factory reset?)

8. Lock-N-Load

only if you have an older .apk file of an older version. but frankly, the VVM improvements along the way - slow but they do happen - make it worth no rolling back to an older version.

also, in 2.2, I do not notice this issue and it really only reverts to speaker when it is plugged in or in my dock. which makes some sense.