phone destroys picturesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. dracozny

dracozny Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

just noticed this recently when I decided to change my wallpaper, luckily I have back ups of these pictures.
    but when I load an image on the SD card from my PC and then when the phone reloads the card it will delete all the data within the file. I even tried renaming the directory to see if this will resolve the issue but it doesn't the phone still continues to destroy the file. it will destroy images from zedge as well.
    it does preserve a few files that were loaded by scanner or by the camera. so those are the only ones still viewable.
    this is a rooted phone fyi not sure if it matters in this case. I discovered the problem with vanilla rom, and then swapped back to eris2.1official. phone still does it.

Advertisement
  2. smacky

smacky Banned

I saw something creepy yesterday. I took a screenshot of a website on my LCD screen using the phone and it had a few lines in the picture, normal for taking pics of a computer screen or TV. So I go to view the image on my gallery and it shows up fine when it's zoomed out, but then then when I zoom in to actually read the stuff that was on the screen, the picture gradually begins to distort, with the aforementioned lines on the screen bigger thicker and then it starts to swirl and eventually I get kicked out of my photo gallery. It's just with that one picture, so I'm not too worried, but it was creepy how it was transforming on my screen.

3. dracozny

very strange

4. dracozny

maybe its not doing this, i did a sync instead via the adb push command and now the pics are there. my only thought is my file browser is making it look like they are there when they are still syncing.