• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone Dialer not working?! HELP!

Hey everyone! My Phone Dialer is getting a FC every time it worked yesterday before i installed a theme onto my apex. I had Apex 1.4.1 and i tied to install HoneyBread theme, i didnt like it and didnt try the dialer, then i moved on to apexaqua theme and then noticed the dialer did not work. i did a advanced restore and that did not work so i just reinstalled apex 1.4.1 the dialer WORKS but then when i try to change my LCD density back to what i had it (190) it FC again. I do not understand why. im trying to get it back to the way i had it before i even installed themes

Again im Running apex 1.4.1, 190 LCD Density no theme at the moment just trying to get the dialer to work.
someone please help?

Update: Doing a Factory Reset then reinstalling everything. i hope that might work. i read about this from http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/123952-dialer-crashing.html similar right?

Hey everyone! My Phone Dialer is getting a FC every time it worked yesterday before i installed a theme onto my apex. I had Apex 1.4.1 and i tied to install HoneyBread theme, i didnt like it and didnt try the dialer, then i moved on to apexaqua theme and then noticed the dialer did not work. i did a advanced restore and that did not work so i just reinstalled apex 1.4.1 the dialer WORKS but then when i try to change my LCD density back to what i had it (190) it FC again. I do not understand why. im trying to get it back to the way i had it before i even installed themes

Again im Running apex 1.4.1, 190 LCD Density no theme at the moment just trying to get the dialer to work.
someone please help?

The stock dialer does not work with the LCD Density mod. You would have to download one like DialerOne so it will work with the LCD Density Mod.

Upvote 0
my Stock dialer worked with the LCD density mod yesterday as far as i know. but i may be wrong? ive had the LCD density changed for 3-4 days and i could have sworn i have been using the Stock dialer?

If you search the forum you will fine many threads or postings with this issue and it is because of the LCD Density mod. The stock dialer does not work with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones