• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone dialing

gordonwd

Jun 16, 2010
My only smartphone has been an HTC Desire, and I'm never sure what features of the phone are part of HTC Sense and which are native Android.

When I go to make a phone call, I can start entering the person's number on the keypad, or can tap as though I'm spelling their name (e.g., 1 = ABC, etc.). As I do this, the phone matches the number/name with my contacts and lists the matches above the keypad. When I see who I'm looking for, I can just tap that entry and the call is made. This very easy and convenient.

So does the Nitro work like this, or is this something that's HTC-specific?

My only smartphone has been an HTC Desire, and I'm never sure what features of the phone are part of HTC Sense and which are native Android.

When I go to make a phone call, I can start entering the person's number on the keypad, or can tap as though I'm spelling their name (e.g., 1 = ABC, etc.). As I do this, the phone matches the number/name with my contacts and lists the matches above the keypad. When I see who I'm looking for, I can just tap that entry and the call is made. This very easy and convenient.

So does the Nitro work like this, or is this something that's HTC-specific?

When you start entering the zipcode, it will bring up a name, and a down arrow that you can click on to show you all the names that match that area code.

Example being, if I type in 555-4 it will show me all the names that have their numbers starting with 555-4.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones