Phone did a hard reset by itself??Support

Last Updated:

1. lizb123

lizb123 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys. My phone died about an hour ago, and about a half hour later I plugged the charger in. I left it off while plugged it, but it turned on by itself and I saw that my background was missing, and two of the apps that I had put on my front page. I went to look in my pictures -- none left. Then I got a text from a number with no name, but I recognized the number and it should have been in my contacts. So I went to my contacts -- none. I've been searching the problem on Google and figured out that my phone managed to do a hard reset by itself. Is there any way to get my information back?
    Syncing my phone with Gmail had been a problem at the beginning (I kept getting "error" messages that the web wasn't working, even though it was) and so the lady at the Sprint store un-synced it. So none of my contacts are stored with Google. Will I need to build my contact list all over again? What about the events on my calendar?
    My whole life was on this phone...

Advertisement
  2. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Sad to say but I would say you are SOL, if it is not synced with Google then it is history my friend sorry to hear that

3. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Yeah, that sucks. Many people have complained that after their phone died, the phone wiped everything. I, myself tried to test this but could never get it to reset. I don't think anyone has found out why on some phones it does that. Did you by any chance sync with your Outlook? If so, you could at least retrieve your contacts.

4. Jessicalt1

Jessicalt1 Well-Known Member

My husband's phone has done this a couple of times since the 2.1 install. I called Sprint's tech support and they suggested that I take it into a store. The guy at the store tried to tell me it was a virus which is BS. He has the same apps installed as he did on 1.5 and never had that problem. Additionally, the guy at the store tried to tell me that it's not actually a hard reset, but it appears that way. Right before the last reset, my hubby programmed a number into his contacts but didn't do it as a google contact. They had just called him so I decided to check our call history/itemized on my bill and there is a 4 day stretch of nothing on his. No incoming calls, or outgoing. Hard to believe that he had no contact with anyone in 4 days...

I think it's a glitch with the software but no one has figured out a fix for it. The store ended up swapping out the phone.

5. vansgirl12

vansgirl12 New Member

I woke up to the same problem today. all of my personalized settings were gone and so were all of the apps i had installed. my phone died on me last night so i charged it while it remained off. perhaps the best way to avoid this is to leave the phone on when it charges? on a side note, i'm online but market can't seem to start a download.